/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #1  

two_bit_score

Super Star Member
Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
18 Wheeler and Tractor Collide on FM 139 - November 9, 2010
Composed by J.J. Ford, Photos by Leah Williams

An accident occurred at 4:50 pm Monday, November 8, 2010 on FM 139 near the intersection of FM 2427 at the cross roads. Involved was a John Deere tractor driven by Brandon Lee, 20 of Center and an 18 wheeler driven by Brandon Hamilton, 33 of Huntington, Texas. The tractor was traveling eastbound on FM 139. The 18 wheeler was also traveling eastbound on FM 139 approaching the rear of the tractor. After exiting a curve in the roadway the tractor slowed to make a left turn into a private drive. The 18 wheeler was attempting to pass the tractor on the left hand side and the tractor collided with the right rear of the truck. The 18 wheeler hung the tractor and drug it down the roadway causing major damage to the tractor. The driver of the tractor was ejected at the point of impact.

Lee was transported by North East Texas EMS to Shelby Regional Medical Center. Brandon Hamilton was citied for passing in a no passing zone. The accident was worked by DPS Trooper Dustin Ramos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This link will show pics that I could not get to post here.

Shelby County Today

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #2  
Wow!

The photos sure show that there is not much left of the tractor

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #3  
...driver of the tractor was ejected at the point of impact...
My guess, that was a good option to have happen... Doesn't say anything about his condition???

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #4  
Dang,glad someone was shining down on tractor operator..whew.

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx
My guess, that was a good option to have happen... Doesn't say anything about his condition???

Maybe one case where getting ejected actually did save his life? Guess he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Hope he recovers.

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #7  
hope the operator is OK

off topic...
...it's a small world....I have a cousin that goes to Center highschool...plays football and baseball...

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #8  
dad and i went to look at a another 3130 and there was a little kubota with a cab, the only savalable thing on it was the four tires. same thing happened 18 wheeler got hung up on it and dragged it nearly 75 feet. operater was thrown, tractor took out an axle or two on the truck. i guess the tractor driver was just one bruise, black and blue head to toe.

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #9  
I have seen tractor drivers with a line of traffic behind them pull off to the right and wait for all traffic to pass before attempting a left-hand turn. You have to wonder about signals and what the truck driver was thinking, but I'd bet it had something to do with the trucker being a rock hauler who wanted to get back to the pit for a "last load" of the day. What a shame. I hope the younger Brandon doesn't have serious injuries. Slow down and live. Indeed!

/ Tractor and 18 wheeler collision on FM 139 Shelby Co., Tx #10  
yep.... those guys and salt water haulers cause lots of mayhem around here...