Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #11  
I made this one for my camper and flat bed. The camper is all it wants and I have never moved the flat bed with a load. I don't know how what kind of tractor you have but I think I would want a catagory III tractor before taking that much weight off road.

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 4,301
   / Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch
thanks for all the replys. I will probably just use my old hay wagon. Not really wanting to damage the tractor, trailer, or operator anytime soon.

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #13  
thanks for all the replys. I will probably just use my old hay wagon. Not really wanting to damage the tractor, trailer, or operator anytime soon.

Your not going to damage anything,

We pull our gooseneck in the feild all the time. You just have to use your head, no different then pulling wagons or implements.

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #14  
I don't have a picture of the trailer hooked up to the tractor, but here is a 3 point hay spike with a gooseneck ball on it I built several years ago. I use it to move my hay from the fields with a 20 foot gooseneck trailer (not the 32 foot trailer shown).

GooseneckBall.jpg

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #15  
Not sure who makes the TSC version but check out Summit Fab (click here). They have a heavy duty GN version for Cat 1, 2 and 3 tractors that come with a 2 5/16" ball, Model# FPHS-SDEG, $399 + $55 shipping.

Man, their heavier (and more expensive model) looks like what I welded up in my shop a few years ago. I made the obvious mistake of selling a couple on eBay like I did my regular hitch and now I see almost identical copies being sold by companies. :mad: It seems to be based on my first version that didn't include the safety chains that keep the 3 pt. hitch from moving up when you're stopping though. I'm not going to even post a picture of that final version for obvious reasons. Here's a picture from about 5 or 6 years ago of my first prototype. I've used this very hitch (still unpainted :D) on a 100 hp tractor to move around a loaded GN trailer that weighed about 15,000 pounds. The only difference is that I'd updated this hitch to include my safety chains to keep the hitch from moving upwards if you stop fast or go down a steep hill.

Attachments

• hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,467
   / Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #16  
I moved a 25'+5 gooseneck with 200 square bales on it behind my M4800 Kubota (48 hp). I did have to put a round bale on the FIL hay spike to keep the front tires on the ground. The 3pt didn't have a problem picking it up though.

Chris

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #17  
I would like to use my 28 foot flatbed gooseneck with my tractor. I was hoping to haul hay (round bales) with it from the field to the barn. The trailer weighs 4900 lbs empty and is rated for 14000lbs. I've bought the trailer mover three point hitch attachment from tractor supply (rated at 2200lbs) and realize it is not safe to use for moving the trailer with any type of load.

Is there any implement on the market that you can use with the tractor to move a loaded gooseneck trailer? (14000lbs) I don't want to use it on the road, just across fields.

Thanks

How heavy do you think your trailer will be when loaded with hay?

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #18  
. I've bought the trailer mover three point hitch attachment from tractor supply (rated at 2200lbs) and realize it is not safe to use for moving the trailer with any type of load.

i dont know why you would say that.

if its the standard inverted T thingie for moveing goosenecks with add some reinforcement to it and use it!

only thing i would caution is adding a brake controler to the tractor so you can activate the brakes on the trailer when its fully loaded even behind a tractor the size of yours.

/ Tractor and Gooseneck Hitch #19  
Man, their heavier (and more expensive model) looks like what I welded up in my shop a few years ago. I made the obvious mistake of selling a couple on eBay like I did my regular hitch and now I see almost identical copies being sold by companies. :mad: It seems to be based on my first version that didn't include the safety chains that keep the 3 pt. hitch from moving up when you're stopping though. I'm not going to even post a picture of that final version for obvious reasons. Here's a picture from about 5 or 6 years ago of my first prototype. I've used this very hitch (still unpainted :D) on a 100 hp tractor to move around a loaded GN trailer that weighed about 15,000 pounds. The only difference is that I'd updated this hitch to include my safety chains to keep the hitch from moving upwards if you stop fast or go down a steep hill.

Do you have a drawing for the hitch you made? I've been thinking of making one of these as soon as I get off the road and get home.
Thanks