Tractor appreciation

/ Tractor appreciation #1  

harpoonalt

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota rtv500
I love my BX2350, don't get me wrong. It has it's faults and I always cast a wandering eye towards the new B's when I go get parts but I'm always happy to jump on it and go. More so now.
My FIL had to go in the hospital and have a procedure done and I needed to do his lawn. He has an Agway 11 hp lawn tractor about 15 years old. Still runs and mows and does fine for his half acre. My first time using it though. How bad can it be? Well it turns out that compared to my spoiled butt, pretty bad. I jumped on and immediately thought I was on a kids ride. I felt like a monkey on a football. Fumbling around, I get it started and engage the mower. Not too bad. Then I let out the clutch and almost fall off the back. There is no grace with this machine. Now I know how he ran into the fence. I do the lawn, hurry up and weed whack and blow off the walks and hurry on home.
I wash and wax my BX, have a beer and realize the BX is pretty **** good. The abrupt reverse ain't near as bad as the Agway and I realize how lucky I really am. My Bx feels like a cadillac now. So next time you cast that wandering eye, take a step back and look at how far many of you have come.

/ Tractor appreciation #2  
No comparison between my BX1500 and the Wards MTD lawn tractor I had before.
I love my BX2350, don't get me wrong. It has it's faults and I always cast a wandering eye towards the new B's when I go get parts but I'm always happy to jump on it and go. More so now.
My FIL had to go in the hospital and have a procedure done and I needed to do his lawn. He has an Agway 11 hp lawn tractor about 15 years old. Still runs and mows and does fine for his half acre. My first time using it though. How bad can it be? Well it turns out that compared to my spoiled butt, pretty bad. I jumped on and immediately thought I was on a kids ride. I felt like a monkey on a football. Fumbling around, I get it started and engage the mower. Not too bad. Then I let out the clutch and almost fall off the back. There is no grace with this machine. Now I know how he ran into the fence. I do the lawn, hurry up and weed whack and blow off the walks and hurry on home.
I wash and wax my BX, have a beer and realize the BX is pretty **** good. The abrupt reverse ain't near as bad as the Agway and I realize how lucky I really am. My Bx feels like a cadillac now. So next time you cast that wandering eye, take a step back and look at how far many of you have come.
FLIP3.gif

Last edited:
   / Tractor appreciation #3  
Sometimes we need to feel the bad so we enjoy the taste of the good. ;)

/ Tractor appreciation #4  
Good story! Same way I feel about my Craftsman GT5000 garden tractor now after I bought my BX24. The GT served me well for 5 years on my 7 acre horse farm, using it for everything because I couldn't afford anything larger at the time. I still have it (for now) and the few times I've used it since I purchased my BX, I cuss at it each time. It pays me back by making my shoulders hurt for a few days without the power steering.

/ Tractor appreciation #5  
I know how you feel. I never get sick of my Kubota :)

/ Tractor appreciation #8  
I know what you're talking about...I used to have a small Craftsman at my old house. I would shake your kindneys out. My dad bought a JD GT275. Thought that was like a Cadillac in comparison to mine. I actually liked cutting their 3 acres. BUT, then I bought my BX, now cutting with the JD is like torture. Amazing how that works:D