Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #21  
That is really impressive. Great Job!

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #22  
These are the kinds of skills to have in retirement if 1% of the stuff posted on the retirement thread happens. :)

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #23  
Wow amazing work you have done there. How many hours to make your subframe?

Interesting... you saddles are at the top and pins are on the bottom. My Woods subframe is just the opposite, saddles down low and the pins are at the top.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #24  
At this point I'm not really sure but it should not be over 3000$...hopefully :)
I've managed to get some of those thicker plates from the scrapyard (remains from big projects which are disposed from large factories).
That's not actual scrap, it's new metal but some parts were already cut out...sometimes they cut it the wrong way or wrong patterns so they dump it and then I get it at a lower price ;)
Material for the main frame, buckets and boom is brand new and I bought it in store. Pumps, joysticks and bucket teeth were ordered brand new. The only old parts will be the cylinders. 3 from an old JCB, 3 from O&K excavator and one from MF backhoe. I will replace all the seals and O rings so they should work just fine
I wanted to buy all new parts but of course, "time ($$$)" is always an issue :D

very interested to see your progress.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #25  
Very nice work and looks heavy duty. I know it takes me hours to cut and shape 1/4 inch plate and that stuff looks a lot thicker. I wonder why the tandem pumps? Is it to power something like a jack hammer? Most people who use the tractor hydraulics have to turn the RPM down to give them better control. With dual pumps that thing may just fly.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
Very nice work and looks heavy duty. I know it takes me hours to cut and shape 1/4 inch plate and that stuff looks a lot thicker. I wonder why the tandem pumps? Is it to power something like a jack hammer? Most people who use the tractor hydraulics have to turn the RPM down to give them better control. With dual pumps that thing may just fly.

most of these plates are 15 mm thick, and the large ones with hooks are 25 mm. Tandem pumps are here to get a quick and smooth operation of the machine. Hydraulic flow through the joysticks is 80 liter/minute, and the cylinder diameter will be 135 mmon the largest and 100 on the smallest. I"ve calculated cycle times and they all come up to 5-6 seconds on large cylinders except on the boom swing, but there I plan to install a flow limit valve to make it slower

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #27  
Me compliments. That is some really nice work. Can't wait to see it come together.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #28  
You have skills that are to die for...
Might I ask a question?
Where did you receive your training?
I assume that you are a mechanical engineer.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
You have skills that are to die for...
Might I ask a question?
Where did you receive your training?
I assume that you are a mechanical engineer.

This started as a hobby when I was very young (now I'm 28 years old). I learned all these skills mostly by my self.
I'm not a mechanical engineer, I graduated electrical engineering, but was always far more interested in mechanics.
This is not the only machine I've constructed, there are a lot of them; this one is just the most complicated :D

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #30  
Very good planing for sure.I Do like Ur drawings.I couldn't draw to save My soul.