Tractor Buying Advice

/ Tractor Buying Advice #31  
I went to the Kubota dealer and got the following pricing.
For the BX2200, with the 60 MMM, and FEL, total price was 12500 before taxes. For the L3000, with the 400A FEL, and a Woods 6 ft RMM, total price is 15747. This includes turf tires on the L3000 ( thre was a minor charge for these).

Does this sound like a 'good' deal.

Thanks for the advice guys, keep it coming, as I am still learning.

Ira

/ Tractor Buying Advice #32  
Ira,

Comparing the L3000 and the BX 2200 is like a Ford F350 basic vs a F150 XLT. Both will get the job done, it's your needs and application that determine what you should buy.

The L3000 is a HD, Gear driven, workhorse, and the BX2200 is a medium duty, hydro static machine. The BX is more refined and the L3000 is a basic CUT, but a very good one with lots of history and fundamental engineering applied.

Price wise. the BX is about right and the L3000 a bit high. Also, you might want to register and put some info in your profile to get some more informed feedback.

Carl

/ Tractor Buying Advice #33  
I am quite happy with my New Holland TC30. 30hp, hydrostatic drive, four wheel drive, turf tires, loader and heavy duty bucket for $15,100

Jerry

/ Tractor Buying Advice #34  
SethO, IMO. Our properties are almost identical. Except maybe I'm in Northern NJ where rock and hard trees rule. I will buy a tractor this year, and the BX was very attractive. The local rental shop (Kubota dealer as well) finally gave up with about 10 people on the fence about the unit and rented it to me (1st one). I was very disappointed. Not that it's not agreat machine, just not for me and what I need it for. Backhoe had a very hard time budging 2" stumps, large rocks, etc... Loader was better but still took a lot of effort to load full, and then strained at that. Overall, I will pass on it and am now looking at JD4300's, L3010's, NH TC33's, will rent one soon. Seems to me the JD spec's out much higher than the competition but at a price. Nothing in this world that is good, is free or easy.

/ Tractor Buying Advice
ChrisNJ,

I looked at the others too including the JD4000 TEN series and the NH tractors, but I concluded that since the most use of the tractor is mowing, I need one that is not too rough on my lawn. Regarding other jobs, a compatible BH for the JD and NH adds substantially more to the price, and if I need to have a big stump removed, I can always rent a big unit, but for the medium jobs it is nice to have one available.

/ Tractor Buying Advice #36  
As a BX22 owner, I have to say that I agree with what the tractor's target market is which is an all-purpose *RESIDENTIAL* tractor at a specific price point. Sure there are more powerful and larger tractors out there...by the dozens! But bang for the buck there is nothing on the market that gives you this many features in the mid-$ 16K price range in a brand new high-quality machine.

As my no-bull dealer told me, you can do anything on the BX22 that you can do with the larger tractors, it will just take a little longer. I agree with that statement completely. I can tackle 8" stumps with the backhoe, but I'm not going to pop them out in one or two passes. It takes some digging around and some time to get them out, but it sure beats the alternative which was to leave them in or call in a pro. FEL strength? I moved 12 tons of Chesapeake River Rock with mine the other day from my driveway to under my deck. Sure I may have had to back out of the load a smidge, but each scoop was a full scoop and my alternative was a wheelbarrow and my back before I bought this unit.

Most of us BX22 owners are coming off Lawn or Garden Tractors, and this is a quantum leap from those units in every measure, including convincing the wife you want to spend $ 10K more for this orange machine than what a decent John Deere Garden Tractor costs.

As a mower I don't think you can beat it in a tractor format. You'd have to get into dedicated Zero Turns for a superior unit that cuts this nice and is this stable plus easy enough for a twelve year old to drive. Having the FEL and Backhoe is perfect for the homeowner jobs you come into that you've been doing all these years with pick and shovel.

It's not a tractor that is designed for speed of moving material like the big boys, rather it gets you all the quite capable goodies and still out the door at less than $ 17K. For myself with 5 acres total, and 2 to mow, it's just the ticket and I've yet to find myself wishing I had bought a larger tractor.

-Duane C.

/ Tractor Buying Advice #37  
dr

very well put!

If people would only realize that capabilities of a small unit are the same as a big unit and the same things can be accomplished, just in different time frames.

Ron

/ Tractor Buying Advice
I took delivery of my BX22 over the weekend, and found that it is every bit as good a mover as a ZTR that I had used earlier for the same lawn. Good stability, nice groomed cuts, incredibly small turning radius for a tractor. Then I went onto the trail and got dirty, with the low range and 4 WD I was fine, and this was after a storm that dropped 7 inches of water on central Wisconsin.

All in all, for anybody who is not a farmer, I will suggest that one takes a serious look at the tractor.

My adventure continues.

Seth

/ Tractor Buying Advice #39  
is you'r a 2002? I was just quoted a price of $16,5 for a 2002 NH TC30 w/ a Woods 5' brushhog and a Woods 6' RD mower. Think I should pay less?

/ Tractor Buying Advice #40  
Jerry: what do you do with yours? I'm thinking of buying the exact same thing to mow 5 acres and brush hog 10 acres a few times a year. Are you happy, or would you change anything?