Tractor Buying Pricing??

/ Tractor Buying Pricing?? #21  
   / Tractor Buying Pricing?? #22  
That is a good service provided by the manufacturers. Deere's website offers a pretty slick feature - "Build your own".

You can select between the different models and then add various options and implements with prices provided for each option and/or attachment. You end up with the MSRP for the particular tractor that you're interested in.

Of course, the site doesn't offer pricing on many of the different Ag machines or most of the construction equipment, either. But, they'll let you "Build it - and Dream"!!

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Tractor Buying Pricing?? #23  
Just a thought, If I were to put a MSRP and option sheet on the new tractors like you find on new car windows, how would I keep someone from tearing it off and taking it with them. I am sure they wouldn't stay with the tractor very long. Once I tried chaining a enclosed spec sheet to the tractors and they didn't stay there long. Just a thought for you to ponder.

Galen -- I agree that contending with folk's wandering off with the printed copy of the MSRP would be a PITA. But... having a few extra available print-outs shouldn't be that much of a problem - IMO.

And, if one or more models seem to have a frequent "disappearance" of the listing... well, that would let me know those particular models are of special interest to potential buyers and I'd probably print out even more copies of those to have on hand.

Likely as not; some tractors will still have the printouts - and the first time somebody walks in the door and says; "Why doesn't so and so tractor have a price listing?" I'd dig in my desk and say; "Well, here ya go!!" "Hang onto it - it's yours." "Take a look and if you have any questions or want to think about it awhile -- you know where to find me..."

AKfish

/ Tractor Buying Pricing??
Thats what I'm talking about Piller. see with that info I can look and say well this model is out of my range so no need to have them show me and then sit down only to find its more that Id like to spend.
However I do see, where it used to be that cash was a good bargaining chip but now a days its all about what they will lend you to be making that decision.
Guess they don't have to size ya up anymore. if you look like you don't have the cash then they assume you don't. either way they can get ya into some financing and make a sale.Its the American way.. Although its looking a bit shaky lately.