tractor choice?

/ tractor choice? #11  
Good luck finding what you need for the price you can afford. I would personally check with a local contractor or medical supply house to see about getting something to fit your needs.

I am in somewhat the same situation as you and built my house accordingly. I will still someday have to have a chair lift to get into my basement though as I can't get through the door on my ATV.:laughing:

/ tractor choice? #12  
Check the TBN Classifieds and Classified by Private Party. 4WD is a necessity; do they make a 4WD gasser? I guess you could always install a winch.

/ tractor choice? #13  
Have you thought about getting a rear mount snow blower? I've seen used ones go for a reasonable price. Snow blowers are not as fast and you need to remove larger stones or you'll break shear pins but you can get away with a smaller tractor and maybe less expensive.

/ tractor choice?
I'd rather go with a plow, I have a shale driveway.
I didn't realize that most 4wd.s were diesel.

/ tractor choice? #16  
4 wheel drive is great. It will also help if you ever decide to sell.Once you become acustomed to diesel you should prefer it to gas. With bad knees a hydrostatic transmission would be nice.

/ tractor choice?
My wife thinks we should get some kind of dumb waiter like that hoist. I'd rather get a tractor with a loader.
I'd go with another diesel if I have to. The only reasons for gas is cold weather starting and short running times. Modern diesels have come a long way. I'm used to my 40 year old ford 4500.

/ tractor choice? #18  
My wife thinks we should get some kind of dumb waiter like that hoist. I'd rather get a tractor with a loader.
I'd go with another diesel if I have to. The only reasons for gas is cold weather starting and short running times. Modern diesels have come a long way. I'm used to my 40 year old ford 4500.

Your wife may well be onto something there as I really don't believe you will get the right size tractor for the right amount of money for that.

Now as far as I can tell, there certainly isn't anything that says you can have a tractor and a lift.

Modern diesels have come a long way and while we have gas and diesels, I much prefer the diesels and it is next to impossible to find a gas engine in a 4WD with a loader anymore anyway.

As someone with knee and other problems, I have had to go over to HST and Hydraulic Shuttle Shift on tractors. It is a real bear to use anything else anymore though I can do it for a short periods of time.

Good luck in your quest.