Tractor dies intermittantly

/ Tractor dies intermittantly #51  
I toss out the "energized" altogether. You need voltage to allow fuel to flow (with a properly functioning shutoff solenoid): if there's an instance in which dropping voltage doesn't shut off the fule supply then I suppose I'd like to hear/know of it. What I was trying to introduce here is that the wires themselves are often the culprit: folks can chase their tails around and then come back to find a broken wire which will flex "open" (dropping voltage) when operating (yet be perfectly fine when just sitting there)- wires will tend to break down at connectors or near a point where a wire harness goes from a fixed route to a flex area (wire unsupported); check resistance while messing with the wire(s), or, just completely bypass (with the fuel shutoff solenoids they tend to a simple single wire affair, so bypassing is a quick way to chop the problem in size).

DB
You obviously don't have knowledge of how the Mitsubishi fuel cut off system works. The Fuel Cut Off Solenoid is energized through a control module ONLY FOR SEVERAL SECONDS AFTER THE KEY SWITCH IS TURNED TO OFF.
If the Solenoid were energized during running operation, it will self destruct by over heating. The current draw required to close the valve is that high. NO VOLTAGE/Current is required to allow fuel to flow, even with a properly functioning shut off solenoid.

The timer and "electro-magic" is in the control unit. A small plastic "black box" fixed to the fire wall.

Peculiar perhaps, but read the entire thread for details. I've copied and pasted text from the service literature.

/ Tractor dies intermittantly
Right now unplugging the solenoid is allowing for uninterrupted use of the tractor while I am waiting for the parts to get here.

I think I am on the path to getting it fixed but but it's going to be replace a part and see type venture

/ Tractor dies intermittantly #54  
I am eager to hear if it is the key switch.