Tractor for 3 acres

/ Tractor for 3 acres #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
Howdy, the church I attend is considering a used tractor for our new building location, so I thought I'd come to the TBN braintrust for suggestions on a size /model. Obviously I prefer orange. We will be buying used, as we will be building on the lot within a year and don't want to put too much into this tractor. We have access to backhoe and skid steer during construction, so probably won't use it too much for the construction phase, however, if it is there, I'm sure it will get used. The lot is flat. We already have an existing 100'x34' pole barn on the lot where we will store the tractor. I've kind of talked them into a small tractor instead of a riding mower.
Uses will be: lawn mowing, snow removal, landscaping. FEL and mower is a must.
Help us decide :D

/ Tractor for 3 acres #2  
A small BX with an MMM. Bx1500, BX1850 etc.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #3  
Almost any BX or a B1700/B7500/B7510 or any similar size model would shine with those tasks. Either one with 18hp or so would handle a 50" snowblower as well. Piece of cake and sounds like more seat time for you.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #4  
BX2360 FEL MMM. New. Kubota gives a discount to Churches. Monthly payments with 0% interest.

/ Tractor for 3 acres
I've been looking at BX so far and have a couple prices for used. One of our members was concerned about cat 0 hitch instead of cat 1.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #6  
BX are Cat 1 . The hitch arms fit all "true" Cat 1 that I've seen.
Some Cat1 implements are also near Cat2 hitch-size , which is what confuses some readers. How long do you need to keep this tractor for ?
If it's just a couple of years , then an old L or B series maybe easier to
come across and find parts for ..........

/ Tractor for 3 acres #7  
I now am down to 2.9 acres and I find my 30hp MF 1040 is none to big. especially with trees to contend with.........as for mowing I find my Kubota ZD21 60" is FAR BETTER than mowing with any tractor type mower.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #8  
Check local farm equipment auctions..still many 20 to 30hp 2 WD w/fel second hand.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #9  
Glad to hear you won the garden or compact tractor argument. Ive heard that argument lost too many times, in my life.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #10  
Cannot say enough good about my B2320 for that range of tasks. I don't know how much more they cost with FEL than a BX series, but the 23hp has been great.