Tractor for 3 acres

/ Tractor for 3 acres #21  
I was mostly pulling your good leg, in reference to your seemingly-contradictory statements. :D

I figured you'd provide a pretty good explanation, which you did, so thanks. Same here with "yard" vs. "lawn". I have much more important things to worry about than crabgrass. :laughing:

My Rhino and Grizzly 700 have Big Horn tires on them and neither my wife nor grand kids understand the whole "live axle" thing, so you can imagine what that's like.

Heading up to the other farm to do some more bush hogging, have a good afternoon.:thumbsup:

/ Tractor for 3 acres #22  
A BX, even the smallest ones, take true Cat 1 implements. Early on, like 10 years ago and 3 revisions back, there were some quirks, but not anymore.

However, this needs to be said. The BX continues to operate best if acknowledgment of it's size is taken into account. Cat 1 covers quite a range and some particular implements are just too tall and a few models of certain things, though Cat 1, are simply too large and much too heavy. Common sense here. The BX is low to the ground, after-all.

Many large, and I mean good sized, 40 tractors use Cat 1, so the BX isn't going to use the same implements as such a tractor would. Just saying.

The BX owner finds implements tailored for the BX. It's all good.

/ Tractor for 3 acres
OP -
Since I've been slammed for posting Craigslist ads I pm'd you.

I've been following CL ads since before I got my ride. I'm in the market for a SCUT for my stepson.

The prices are dropping and availability seems to be rising.

Also - check Barlow's you can usually get what you need there and transportation cost isn't that much if you can wait. You can't always get what you want,

Thanks!

/ Tractor for 3 acres #24  
i have three acres and have a b2400 for bucket/backhoe work, a zd331 for mowing, a rtv for gardening / pulling and a b2410 for snow blowing --

-- have never had a problem with anything getting bitten up on the lawn -- i use all turfs, except for ags on the blower --

-- couldn't be happier -- except i keep eyeing a grand L, for what reason, i do not know -- :laughing:

/ Tractor for 3 acres #25  
i have three acres and have a b2400 for bucket/backhoe work, a zd331 for mowing, a rtv for gardening / pulling and a b2410 for snow blowing --

-- have never had a problem with anything getting bitten up on the lawn -- i use all turfs, except for ags on the blower --

-- couldn't be happier -- except i keep eyeing a grand L, for what reason, i do not know -- :laughing:

Your neighbors must think your crazy.

Writes the man with a 1/4 acre lot :) and a B7610 with BH.

/ Tractor for 3 acres #27  
Your neighbors must think your crazy.

Writes the man with a 1/4 acre lot :) and a B7610 with BH.

one guy said he thought i was a kubota dealer -- :confused2::confused2::confused2:

Last edited:
   / Tractor for 3 acres #28  
Well,that ain't nothing,,I got 6 machines[course most don't run] but when they all do,,I make people say.........

/ Tractor for 3 acres #29  
Wow, is that a record? :laughing:

It's not a record. But I got it for retirement. Among other things I plan on doing with it are that I want to build narrow trails on my land in MS and VT, too narrow for a 4WD truck, but big enough for an ATV.

What I really wanted was a BX with the clearance of a B. It also works just fine on my 1/4 acre, picking up sticks before I mow, as in my avatar.