Tractor Gods-please help

/ Tractor Gods-please help #11  
That sounds like a good idea, they should also have the information if the updates have been done. As well as any other maintance/warranty work that has been done on the tractor. Will this appraisal cover your finance requirements?

I'm no tractor god but thats my two cents./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Tractor Gods-please help
gordon

I think it would cover the financing requirments if I decide to buy.

The guy I talked to on the phone at that JD dealership didn't recognize the name of the owner of the tractor but is going to look to see if he's in their records. This will tell us if the tractor was puchase there, when, and any warranty and upgrade work that may have been done at that dealership. I'm going to call him back tomarrow to find out what he came up with before talking with the owner of the tractor to schedule a time when the tractor can be seen.

Jerry

/ Tractor Gods-please help #13  
Jerry,
For $100.oo to do eqiupment and back ground check plus save you 8 hours of driving that seems more than fair.

Your dealer rates compare to my dealer are close,$40.oo service call and $50.oo an hour for labor.

Sounds like you also found a good JD dealer that will also work w/ you if you shouldn't purchase the tractor,I would also keep him in mine. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

It would be most interesting to see how they determine and all round value plus the blue book price.

Hope all works out well for you.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Tractor Gods-please help #14  
Jerry, I agree with the other guys; sounds like a good idea. You know the "experts" have said for years that when you are going to buy a used car you should have a good mechanic check it over first. I don't think many people do that, but the one summer I worked with my brothers in their garage in Anchorage, we had about one a month bring a car in for that and we charged $75 to do it when they brought it in to us. When you consider what a car or tractor costs, $75-$100 to get it checked out good is money well spent.

Bird

/ Tractor Gods-please help #15  
This dealer sounds very reasonable in his price. He can also run the serial# for warranty work and upgrades done on this tractor,if it was done at another Deere dealer. Good Luck,and have a Happy New Year!!!!