Tractor Gun Rack

/ Tractor Gun Rack #12  
I like that. Sort of looks like what we had in the patrol cars. I don't have the bar that you have there to mount that to. I'll have to look into that and see if there is another option for mounting. Thanks.

Were patrol car gun mounts model (of gun) specific? Did they electrically lock with a secret switch to unlock?

/ Tractor Gun Rack #13  
E/S, more pictures please! Some with out the shotgun too. Thanks!

/ Tractor Gun Rack #14  
Whow
I will take more pictures of the mount tomorrow and post.

E/S

/ Tractor Gun Rack
Were patrol car gun mounts model (of gun) specific? Did they electrically lock with a secret switch to unlock?

I don't know if they were model specific but they did have a concealed button to unlock it. I never had one when I was on patrol. I was a detective when they got them and I kept my shotgun and rifle in the trunk.

/ Tractor Gun Rack #16  
Rifles just get beat up on a tractor and even the good ideas have failed me. Best bet for me was a flap holster, cross draw with a belt clip so it was easy on and easy off. Firearm was protected and the cross draw part kept it out of the way but still convenient.

/ Tractor Gun Rack #17  
I use racks like this every day for the past 24 years. No protection from the elements though. They have a key over ride if the the electronics go bad, if and when it got wet I'm sure it wouldn't last, my 2 cents. I also see the pin that locks the latch would seize if enough dirt/dust got in it, good luck opening it in that case. GUNRACK.jpg

Gun Racks | Locks | Vehicle Equipment | Galls

I don't have the tread for this pix but I liked this members rack the best. P1170007.JPG

/ Tractor Gun Rack #18  
Rifles just get beat up on a tractor and even the good ideas have failed me. Best bet for me was a flap holster, cross draw with a belt clip so it was easy on and easy off. Firearm was protected and the cross draw part kept it out of the way but still convenient.

You know, the working cowboy of the 1800's had the very same needs. How to keep a pistol at the ready at all times while riding a horse, roping, branding and conducting every day "cowboy" business, at the same time providing as much protection from grit, grime, dings and dents. I think a flap over cross draw was probably the norm, whereas the strong side, low hanging "quick draw" rigs portrayed in old westerns were a fabrication of Hollywood.

/ Tractor Gun Rack #19  
Here you go.

E/S

Attachments

• image-32919795.jpg
    image-32919795.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 2,426
   / Tractor Gun Rack #20  
I know this is an old post but a farmer has come up with a killer gun rack for glass enclosed tractors or combines. Field tested and farmer approved.

I can't post a link yet but look up thegungrabber and there is a link on the left navigation you can look at pictures sent in by happy farmers that have a safe gun rack held in a vertical position.
The rack will hold shotguns and rifles.

tractor-combine3.jpg