Insurance Tractor Insurance question

/ Tractor Insurance question #1  

Double6

Tractor
John Deere 4120
When I got my tractor I insured it with the same company as the rest of my vehicles/ home etc. I have Farmer's Insurance.
The problem they are telling me is that it is only insured when it is on my property. If I haul it to my Dad's place to help him out they are telling me its not insured if something were to happen at his place such as fire, theft, vandalism etc.
They are also telling me when I haul it on the trailer to the dealer for any work or to my Dad's place I'm not covered.
I'm not a commercial business.
What are any of you doing so your covered with insurance in these circumstances?
Thanks!

/ Tractor Insurance question #2  
It sounds like it is just covered under the personal property coverage of your home owners insurance. This generally the cheapest coverage, but like your agent says it is only covered on your property. Think of a piece of furniture. If someone breaks in your house and steals your chair you are covered. But if your chair falls off your trailer when you are hauling it down the road, your home owners is not going to cover it. You can usually add a rider specifically for the tractor where you tell them how much the tractor is worth and then you pay accordingly. You will pay more for this coverage but it will cover it on and off your property. If you regularly use the tractor off your property, you should consider the additional coverage.

/ Tractor Insurance question #3  
When I got my tractor I insured it with the same company as the rest of my vehicles/ home etc. I have Farmer's Insurance.
The problem they are telling me is that
*it is only insured when it is on my property.
If I haul it to my Dad's place to help him out they are telling me its not insured if something were to happen at his place such as fire, theft, vandalism etc.
They are also telling me when I haul it on the trailer to the dealer for any work or to my Dad's place I'm not covered.
I'm not a commercial business.
*What are any of you doing so your covered with insurance in these circumstances?
Thanks!
Most polices work that way.
Mine is on my home owners policy and only covers when the tractor is on my property.
*You have to add them to your policy and pay an extra premium for such coverages.

/ Tractor Insurance question #4  
I bought the inland marine (I think that is what it is) was about $300 I believe for a year on mine
after all according to the homeowners policy you get out the drive onto the city or county road somebody hits you or you hit somebody or something you are not covered
cheap for the piece of mind

/ Tractor Insurance question #5  
Ironically, I was talking to Farmers yesterday about same subject. I assumed my JD tractor was covered for a tree smashing thru my shed/ shop,as it is surrounded by 150'+trees, they said no & everything else including my 7-10k ZTR lawn mower was covered as they are property maintance items. I argued that the tractor is #1 in maintance & that is what it is for. Did not matter & would have to add it. Then I remebered I had insurance thru JD. Called them & the insurance department told me it didn't matter what happened to my tractor or were it happed at , it was covered in full. Even told me it could fly off the trailer in transport & all would be fine. I explained a tree cutting it in half scene & he laughed & said not to worry & to skip adding tractor to home owners. I suspect your JD is payed for & you need the added insurance on your homeowners. If not.... you are covered nicely thru JD.
Joe

/ Tractor Insurance question
Thank you all for the input, I will look into the rider option for the tractor.

Its ironic, insurance companies with names such as Farmers, State Farm, etc. started their existence many years ago insuring farms & or farm equipment and now make it hard for non-farm people who own a tractor to get the coverage needed.:(

/ Tractor Insurance question #7  
Same stuff here. Home Owner's rider guaranteed to cover it all. I don't believe it regardless just because they say so. Each to their own....

Called Kubota insurance last Monday, they had me right there in their database as a tractor owner. I ask questions, they put it in writing...full, full, fuller, and fullest coverage for $120 per year. I paid by debit right then, got my policy in the mail on Friday. Done deal. Covered and no questions in my mind anout home owners' coverage.

/ Tractor Insurance question #8  
This topic of insurance comes up often.

I also added a rider to my homeowner's policy as the standard product was not sufficient for either my tastes nor Kubota Finance. I frankly think I would go with Kubota next year. There have been so many good reports of Kubota Insurance covering all kinds of situations that my home owners policy would never cover, such as extended repairs, etc. I don't think I saved enough money with my local agent to have passed up on the added benefits of Kubota Insurance, FWIW. Still mulling it over.

/ Tractor Insurance question #9  
I have the kubota ins and while I think it is great ins for the tractor it does nothing for me if I hit somebody else or do damage to something. If trailering and it falls off the tractor is covered but if a car smacks into it when it comes off the trailer I would be screwed.
Rob

/ Tractor Insurance question #10  
I have Nationwide,and last week finally got a reply that my Tractor is not covered under the home owners, off of my property. They want 900.00 a year to up grade my tractor to commercial. I use to be covered under a farm policy,but went to home owners after I retired because of expense.