Insurance tractor insurance

/ tractor insurance #11  
I have a policy with state farm ins. for the tractor. my home owners covers it here but i haul it 80 miles to other property i have. to be safe i got an additional policy. They call it a personal articles policy and covers all implements and trailer also. it cost like a 150 @ year .

/ tractor insurance #12  
heehaw just looked at my policy for a L3600 and Fel the yearly cost is 69.00 Not a agent but talk to Shelter for a Farmowners policy.
Also notice you live in a great area,Pope County I'm over in Van Buren and use Homestead Kubota for most of my parts se'ya ken

/ tractor insurance #13  
Insurance for damage and theft on my tractor was $174 for the term of the loan...

/ tractor insurance #14  
Insurance for theft, vandalism, fire, lightening, a wreck (drive into a lake, etc) and so on is relatively inexpensive, and is covered by some homeowners insurances. MAKE SURE your agent, preferably in writing, acknowledges that you've a real tractor, not just the "garden tractor" or "lawn tractor" sold at Sears and the like - the agent may balk when you show up with a claim for $20,000, not $2000. Once my agent realized the actual value of what I wanted insured, I had to purchase a $150 per year rider on my homeowners policy.
Now, the most comprehensive insurance, for liability and medical costs, is fairly expensive (about $1500-2000 for a compact tractor and implements in my area). Don't even consider loaning your tractor or letting someone else outside your family use it - if a neighbor / friend has some work to be done, and you feel so inclined, do the work yourself. If someone gets injured, even disabled, or, god forbid, killed, on your tractor - you are fully liable, and there's a lawyer around every corner who will take the case in order to try to liquidate all your assets. Don't go there.

/ tractor insurance #15  
I used someone besides Kubota to finance my tractor, but I still purchased the insurance from Kubota. Mainly because I couldn't find anyone else who would insure it for a reasonable price. My homeowners insurance (USAA) specifically said they wouldn't cover it. Kubota charged me around 100/yr for the policy, but the effective rate was actually higher since they made me pay the 5 year premiun upfront. And they also said they wouldn't cover it past the finance period. I don't know what I'm going to do after I pay it off later this year.

Getting coverage for the dozer was even more of a pain. Finally got a referral from USAA to a high risk company that charges me $500.00 a year for 25k in coverage. A rip, but I feel like I gotta have it, since we spend only 2 days out of 7 at the farm.

If anyone's got a lead on a company that will write a policy on these types of equipment at a decent rate, I'm all ears.

Dave

/ tractor insurance
talked to the dealer, i do have the kubota insurance, but it stops when the tractor is paid off; according to the dealer, it is one of the best insurance policies around, they do not pro-rate the tractor: he had a guy get his tractor stolen, it liked @6 months being paid off, from a 5 year loan, and kubota gave him a new tractor, no questions asked. i sure wish i hadn't made extra payments, i wouldn't have to be shopping for insurance so soon. my home and cars are all with nationwide insurance, and according to the agent, the tractor is only covered while at home. i need a little more than that, so i will be checking with other insurance companies soon.
heehaw

/ tractor insurance #17  
mine too was covered by homeowners , with the exception of a roll over. i explained to the agent i have a pond with small hills, and wanted coverage for that and if i was at a friends and damaged there property or mine, it was dirt cheap, like 100 bucks for a year