Insurance Tractor insurance

/ Tractor insurance #11  
Have you considered what Three Point Hitch counterbalance you will use for moderate-heavy Loader lifts?
The two implements commonly used for counterbalance are a Box Blade or a PTO-powered Roto-tiller.
Most tractor owners want to repair roads or till soil for planting something.

Without counterbalance the tractor will pivot on the small front wheels/axle, lifting the rear wheels/tires off the ground with the potential for a tractor rollover.

Last edited:
   / Tractor insurance #12  
I just bought a new tractor and financed it for 5 years 0%. I have to insure it and I also use State Farm and its just like someone else said, it won't cover use of the tractor. I had to add the policy to mine, about $250 per year, $500 deductible. I now kind of wish I had just paid cash for the tractor and wouldn't have to insure it, but it is a 20k investment so I don't hate the idea of insuring it.

/ Tractor insurance #13  
Tractors do not have a title at least not in our state. They are not registered as a vehicle so not easy to track if stolen. Normally all of same model use same key so key locked is not a sure thing. A small tractor does not require heavy truck nor trailer. On top of that often not used every day so could be missing a couple of days before noticed. A shiny new tractor is easy to spot....if I paid cash for one, or financed would want insurance on it to protect from theft unless have it kept in locked building or secured some other way. On top of that have known of an employee of a tractor dealership that furnished the address of new owners to someone who would steal them after few months old, guess to allow the owner to get use to and lax on safety.

/ Tractor insurance #14  
I just bought a new tractor and financed it for 5 years 0%. I have to insure it and I also use State Farm and its just like someone else said, it won't cover use of the tractor. I had to add the policy to mine, about $250 per year, $500 deductible. I now kind of wish I had just paid cash for the tractor and wouldn't have to insure it, but it is a 20k investment so I don't hate the idea of insuring it.

What are you waiting for? Pay it off this month and drop the insurance. ;)

/ Tractor insurance #15  
I considered USAA for my tractor vs Kubota KTAC. To get the same coverage USAA was about $50 more a year (it was a secondary insurer).

Last edited:
   / Tractor insurance #16  
I have Erie insurance for car and home, bundled together. I got some kind of extra rider on the tractor so it doesn't have its own separate deductible if, for example, a tree falls over the barn and destroys barn and tractor both. It seemed quite reasonable in price.

Then when I called to ask about roading the tractor, they told me my car insurance already had me covered for accidents, too. Nice surprise.

/ Tractor insurance #17  
I have Erie insurance for car and home, bundled together. I got some kind of extra rider on the tractor so it doesn't have its own separate deductible if, for example, a tree falls over the barn and destroys barn and tractor both. It seemed quite reasonable in price.

Then when I called to ask about roading the tractor, they told me my car insurance already had me covered for accidents, too. Nice surprise.
Really?
What insurance?

I'm new on this forum, I'm considering buying a tractor and I hadn't thought of the insurance issue. When I googled tractor insurance typical costs, it was exorbitant!
5000 a year???
If its like that, I can't get the tractor, financing it is stretching me enough.

But if my car insurance policy covers me, I might be good.

M

/ Tractor insurance #18  
Have you considered what Three Point Hitch counterbalance you will use for moderate-heavy Loader lifts?
The two implements commonly used for counterbalance are a Box Blade or a PTO-powered Roto-tiller.
Most tractor owners want to repair roads or till soil for planting something.

Without counterbalance the tractor will pivot on the small front wheels/axle, lifting the rear wheels/tires off the ground with the potential for a tractor rollover.
I didn't think about counterbalance.
I'm considering buying a New Holland tractor. I need to snow plow, bail gravel\dirt and mow a field. It comes with the bucket but not anything else. The dealership wants an arm and a leg for their implements.
But other places have implements much cheaper.
(It should be noted right here, that I am very devoid of knowledge about farm type tractors). I've operated backhoe's and excavators and loaders quite a bit.

So the advertised weight the tractor is supposed to be able to lift might be compromised without a counterbalance?

M

/ Tractor insurance #19