Tractor keeps stalling

/ Tractor keeps stalling #11  
Had a similar problem with Sears garden tractor. Turned out there was fine dust, dirt in carburetor float bowl. When it was off, the dirt would settle to the bottom of the bowl. Once you started the engine, the dirt would clog the intake tube to the carb and cause hestitation. If you moved the tractor, the dirt would really get stirred up and cause the engine to sputter and quit. Let it sit awhile and it would start up again. Took the carb apart and cleaned it and works fine now.

/ Tractor keeps stalling
First off, thanks for all the advice. I went through the tractor today. The float bowl was filthy, as was the carb. I cleaned out the float and have the carb soaking in carb cleaner overnight. I also took off the tank and drained it. It appeared to be clean inside, but there was some sort of catch tray in there. Is that normal? I dont know how it got in there if it isnt?

If for some reason this does not work, what should I ck next? Its a Fergy T-30, I believe a 1952. Is there a fuel pump on this? It looks like its just a gravity feed. I also took off the oil filter catch. The wet filter looks a bit dirty, but I couldnt figure out how to get it out. Is it a one piece until? I am a bit in the dark about that.

/ Tractor keeps stalling #13  
I don't remember for sure, I use to have one of those. But I don't believe it has any kind of fuel pump. If you find you are getting fuel, like I said in the beginning, the next step is to check the coil, as they can also act the same way. Then if you are getting fuel and the coil checks OK some auto parts places check them. The next thing would be the condenser, they do go bad sometimes. We use to carry a extra one with us in the old days. But they have got a lot better, and don't go bad that often anymore. But it can still happen. Like I said in the beginning it just about has to be one of the three things mentioned.

/ Tractor keeps stalling #14  
If the fuel theory does not solve your problem try looking at the coil. I have an old 1947 Ford 9N that suddenly started showing similiar behavior, would run fine for 10 minutes then start to sputter and then die. I cleaned the fuel line/bowl/etc and problem did not go away. Checked for a spark, when "cold" it was fine but when warm the spark was sporadic or non-existant. "Borrowed" a coil from friend and that fixed the problem. Swapped the borrowed coil with the original and the problem returned. Returned the coil to my friend and bought a new coil, been fine ever since. Never took the time to figure out what was wrong with the coil, just threw it away.