Oil & Fuel Tractor King 200 from Rual King

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King #1  

mikeja0

Tractor
Tractor King 200
Greetings,
I own a 2007 Tractor King 200, diesel, just turned 200 hours. I purchased this tractor new at Rural King, I mostly use it for mowing. I changed the oil this spring, like every other spring. When I went to start it after refilling the oil, the engine appears to be locked up. It ran fine when I pulled it into the garage, but wont turn over now. Any suggestions or recomendations? I have heard of low oil locks that need to be reset, but do not see anything like that on this machine. The owners manual that came with the tractor is written in Chinese, so it is not much help. I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestion you may have.

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King #2  
Other owners of Chinese diesels have reported oil locking when adding oil through the filler hole. The oil runs down the valve guides and fills the cylinder. You can damage the engine if you force it to turn over when the cylinder is full of oil, you need to get it out. If you have a compression release using it while turning over the engine should empty it out. Otherwise removing the glow plugs gives the oil somewhere to go.

If you don't have glow plugs or compression release post back and we'll figure something out.

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King #3  
Other owners of Chinese diesels have reported oil locking when adding oil through the filler hole. The oil runs down the valve guides and fills the cylinder. You can damage the engine if you force it to turn over when the cylinder is full of oil, you need to get it out. If you have a compression release using it while turning over the engine should empty it out. Otherwise removing the glow plugs gives the oil somewhere to go.

If you don't have glow plugs or compression release post back and we'll figure something out.

Ditto on the above.

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King #4  
There are no "low oil locks" to reset. You might be thinking of hydro-lock. That's when an uncompressible fluid enters one or more combustion chambers, stopping the affected piston(s) from moving. Remove all your glow plugs and crank the engine. Be careful not to lose/misplace the glow plug crush washers when removing/replacing. They're tiny copper rings that sometimes come out with the GP, and sometimes stay in the hole.

//greg//

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King
Well, that was the problem, oil in the cylinders. Now, I need to buy a glow plug. The stem twisted out when I was trying to get the power bar off. Any suggestions as to where to purchase a glow plug, and where to find a part number? I really appreciate your help with this, I was at a total loss as to what to do. We had considered a hydraulic lock from water, but the radiator was completely full, so we rulled that out. Thank you, Mike

/ Tractor King 200 from Rual King #7  
We had considered a hydraulic lock from water, but the radiator was completely full, so we rulled that out.
Coolant is less often a cause for hydro-lock. Dripping fuel injectors are the more frequent culprit. Without removing either all GPs or all fuel injectors, you'll never be able to crank out a hydro-locked engine. In this case, I suggest you remove both; crank engine to confirm/eliminate hydro-lock. If water comes out, your injectors are probably good. If fuel comes out, you'll need to replace at least that particular injector. I recommend you replace all GPs with new, take injectors to a fuel injection shop and get them pop-tested. You might end up replacing more than one.

//greg//