tractor manuals for free

/ tractor manuals for free #131  
Hello! I am looking for a free tractor manual for a David Brown 990. If you could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

/ tractor manuals for free #132  
as low as 8$ on ebay.

/ tractor manuals for free #134  
One would think that Kubota would , in the interest of safety, make it as convenient as possible to access the Operator Manual. It is ridiculous to charge for what is essentially a safety item. Whenever possible I download the manual from the manufacturer's site and save it on the computer making it possible to print off the relevant pages for the particular item I am working on. Doing so keeps the manual in readable condition with out grease spots or torn pages. I don't need the entire manual in front of me to find all the grease zerks or change an oil filter etc. I can understand charging for a workshop or parts manual. After all they have to keep their repair shops busy. The claim about the expense associated with making them available on line does not make any sense. I cannot imagine a company of that size not having all their manuals computerized. If they cannot make a simple PDF file available for download they have a serious problem in their IT department. It's all in being able to gouge the owner for another $15 or $20. Yes I do have the manual that came with the tractor but don't want to cut it up just to be able to scan it.

/ tractor manuals for free #135  
One would think that Kubota would , in the interest of safety, make it as convenient as possible to access the Operator Manual. It is ridiculous to charge for what is essentially a safety item. Whenever possible I download the manual from the manufacturer's site and save it on the computer making it possible to print off the relevant pages for the particular item I am working on. Doing so keeps the manual in readable condition with out grease spots or torn pages. I don't need the entire manual in front of me to find all the grease zerks or change an oil filter etc. I can understand charging for a workshop or parts manual. After all they have to keep their repair shops busy. The claim about the expense associated with making them available on line does not make any sense. I cannot imagine a company of that size not having all their manuals computerized. If they cannot make a simple PDF file available for download they have a serious problem in their IT department. It's all in being able to gouge the owner for another $15 or $20. Yes I do have the manual that came with the tractor but don't want to cut it up just to be able to scan it.

No need to call Kubota out specifically. They are far from alone.

/ tractor manuals for free #137  

Let's not confuse a design and mannufacturing ability . . . with too high of customer relations skills. Kubota is in it to make money.

Let's also recognize that "free manuals" does require cost, effort, and constant monitoring.

So lets look at a company who is stunningly good on providing information to customers and product owners at no charge to users . . . Cub Cadet. You can get owner's manuals and parts manuals and even some shop manuals on engines and mowers and tractors by year for . . . What . . . 15 or more years on All of their products. Its truly amazing.

Last edited:
   / tractor manuals for free #138  
Let's not confuse a design and mannufacturing ability . . . with too high of customer relations skills. Kubota is in it to make money.

Let's also recognize that "free manuals" does require cost, effort, and constant monitoring.

So lets look at a company who is stunningly good on providing information to customers and product owners at no charge to users . . . Cub Cadet. You can get owner's manuals and parts manuals and even some shop manuals on engines and mowers and tractors by year for . . . What . . . 15 or more years on All of their products. Its truly amazing.

Same with Brillion. Parts, owner's manuals for current or something 50 years old. What's not to love with that? They are first class.

/ tractor manuals for free #139  
The manual for the L3240 and up series is for pre 2010 models and obviously scanned, probably a copyright violation. I maintain, an operator manual is a safety issue.

/ tractor manuals for free #140  
The manual for the L3240 and up series is for pre 2010 models and obviously scanned, probably a copyright violation. I maintain, an operator manual is a safety issue.

An operator's manual represents a warranty issue to me. The Manufacturer gives you guidelines on the use and purpose of the equipment in order to know exactly how to abide by the warranty requirements and liability of the manufacturing process.

They provide a written copy of it so users cannot deny its existence. Most do not offer a free pdf version because that could be altered and manipulated by users with currently available software. The manual speaks to safety also which is part if the manufacturers obligation as liability as well.

But while I like pdf file access . . I certainly do understand why ir is not given away freely by many manufacturers. They've already provided a manual. And if they do offer and charge for pdf files . . They have verification by receipt of who got them and in what condition they were obtained.

As an example. Lets say you were able to blindly acquire a pdf service manual and then you altered a couple key items in that manual deliberately and then passed it along to others who followed bad instructions. How would anyone know it was you and the company was not responsible ?