Tractor modifications

/ Tractor modifications #11  
Anthony,
I don't like plastics or electronics on tractors. I did not say anything bad about computers though.

Metal can be repaired, plastic is gone when it is gone. Well you can patch and fiberglass, but with poor results in the longterm.

And electronics do not hold up really well in the harsh environment of a tractor. Electronics can be made to hold up fairly well on a tractor but it costs a lot more and would eat into the manufacturers profits to make the wiring and electronics up to specs. They would rather sell parts and new tractors /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tractor modifications #12  
Hi Centex, how are things out at your ranch? Ever get all those posts set in the rock ... errr ground? Sorry to hear about your tractor hood. Ouch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Tractor modifications
As for not liking computers, if you don't like them, remove everything in your life that uses a computer. Sell your car, all electronic equipment, the computer you used to complain about computers, and your cell phone. Heck, if you really want to be a pure computer hater, get rid of everything that was deisgned or sold with the use of computers, which is just about everything we use.As for not liking computers, if you don't like them, remove everything in your life that uses a computer. Sell your car, all electronic equipment, the computer you used to complain about computers, and your cell phone. Heck, if you really want to be a pure computer hater, get rid of everything that was deisgned or sold with the use of computers, which is just about everything we use.

Computers are definately one of the top inventions of the 20th century. The work great in the office and great in my tractor.

I spent 30 years designing computers. For the first 20 years they were used for good things but in the last 10-15 years they have become too powerful and pervasive. After I saw what the government was doing with the supercomputers we designed I have learned to fear them. As for the good they have done just try to buy something when the store's computer is down. The real threat is total loss of freedom and privacy - something that our citizens seem to be more than willing to give up.

I did not say I was a computer hater. I just think the world would have been a lot better off in the long run if they did not exist.

/ Tractor modifications
I have attached a photo of my hood modification. I always knew I needed the extra armor package. My grill only survived the first 30 minutes of use and I have bent the hydraulic lines on the loader more times than I care to remember. I am thinking that I may just get some sheet metal and form a new front end the hood from it.

Attachments

• 322005-tractorhood.jpg
    322005-tractorhood.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 379
   / Tractor modifications
Here is a picture of the operation that is causing me the pain.
I use the backhoe to dig the dirt loose and loader to move it but the backhoe cannot reach the top of the hill so I have to use the loader and anything that pop loose comes back at the tractor and me!

Attachments

• 322007-overhead.jpg
    322007-overhead.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 388
   / Tractor modifications #16  
Just weld up a nice hood out of 3/16 " aluminum diamond plate and paint it green. You could walk on that.

/ Tractor modifications
Hello fishman! I don't think I will ever get finished building fences but at least I finished the perimeter fences and don't have worry about the cows getting on the highway. The water gaps give me trouble though. How did the PHD work out?

/ Tractor modifications #18  
Don, Did you check your battery for damage ? Whatever it was that ruined your tractors hood might have cracked the batteries case . If so, drawing electolyte thru the radiator might not be a GOOD thing ! Glad you weren't hurt !
John

/ Tractor modifications #19  
<font color="blue"> I have not priced a new hood but I expect it to cost around $350. </font>

Centex,

JDParts shows a price of $210.00 for the 4500/4600/4700 hood (P/N LVU12063).

Jeff

/ Tractor modifications #20  
Dude that really sucks. I had a tree guy drop a large log on my New Holland TC 24D's hood and I got a small dent. It is a metal hood and I think that is the best way to go. A big rock would have made a large dent but no hole.

George