Tractor overheating

/ Tractor overheating #1  

LLanoux

Tractor
Bolens 1502 Hydro
I have a Bolens 1502 Hydro with the Iseki deisel engine. After about 30 minutes of cutting grass, the temp light comes on. The first time it happened, I checked the water level after it cooled and it was full. The second time it happened, I checked it again and it was very low. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening ?

Thanks

/ Tractor overheating #2  
My units always need the screen removed from radiator and a pressure air hose to blow them out good, for over heat light indicator alumination that you are noticing with yours . On a day that's (90) degrees under load they tend to run hot anyway ,it seems , but all long as you don`t continue to use them with that light on you should be fine . I have steep grades on my property and when it`s warmer than 75 degrees they throw a lot of heat from engine . They are a very good little unit and the hydro works fine unless you run them low on fluid.As long as it full of 50% anti-freeze it will continue to cool the engine . Slower ground speed and high rpm usually results in cooler running engines , less heat from exhaust valves which is easier to cool.

/ Tractor overheating #3  
Sounds like it's a genuine overheating situation rather than a defective sender. The missing coolant may well have escaped through the overflow tube when the radiator cap let it by to vent excessive pressure. You'd have smelled it, though.

So it could be that nothing is broken and you just need to clean the chaff out of your radiator, top up with coolant, and get back at it.