Tractor Pull!!!

/ Tractor Pull!!! #1  

adirondackmtnman

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5045D
Well it's that time of the year, fellers, it's county fair season up here in northern New York, and you know what that means!!! That's right, tractor pull time!!! I'm well past 30, but I still feel like a kid watching these things...I hope it's a feeling that never goes away. I watch my 21 month old son standing staring at my machine with wonder, and I remember being that young and feeling the same way he does now...I guess that little kid in all of us never does go away, he just gets pushed to the back and we have to do the fun stuff to get a glimpse of him. Tractor pull close to home is Saturday night, I'll post some pics after it's over. Meanwhile, feel free to share your favorite tractor pull stories with me on here, I'd love to hear 'em. My own favorite story to tell is a short one. My girlfriend(now wife) first told me she loved me at our 2002 county fair tractor pull, and I've always said that I knew at that moment, she was a keeper...

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Tractor Pull!!! #3  
Down at the Buckley Old Engine Show they have a miniature sled that kids pull with pedal tractors. Its quite entertaining to watch and just as competitive as real tractor pulls.

The only other story I have is at our local show a few years back only 4 tractors showed up, my Case Sc, a John Deere 830, 70, R, Needless to say I came last pulling in the 10 000pound class with a 4500 pound tractor, but I got the sled almost halfway before I spun out.