Tractor Purchase Recommendation - Mahindra vs Kubota vs New Holland vs JD

/ Tractor Purchase Recommendation - Mahindra vs Kubota vs New Holland vs JD #31  
I agree with that. I would not have an FEL without 4WD. BTW, I pretty much wore out my Kubota B7100 with 2100 hours on it. It still ran, but needed a lot of repairs, so I sold it. I now have a Mahindra 5035 HST. I don't have enough hours on it to evaluate it.
Some have said, on other forums, you need weight to get the power to the ground. Not true. Light weight means you have to go faster (higher gear) to deliver the same power. Drawbar pull is not the same as power. Power = drawbar pull x speed. So, at a given power, a heavier tractor can deliver more drawbar pull than a light tractor, but will do so at a lower speed. For mowing, a lighter tractor will mow more per hour on hilly ground, because it needs less power to move itself. I opted for the heavy weight of my Mahindra because I do some logging with it, and weight matters for that. (Weight is over 10,000 lb with ballasted rear tires, FEL with extreme duty 4-way bucket, and an 8' brush cutter.

/ Tractor Purchase Recommendation - Mahindra vs Kubota vs New Holland vs JD #32  
I have had my 5035 for a couple of months now. It can really pull! I have used a quick hitch to pull logs weighing over 4000 lb. When one got hung up, it broke a 3/8" proof chain, which, although it has a working load of only 2700 lb, it has a breaking strength of over 10,000 lb.