Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use
Thank you for stating the obvious. However, if I didn,t buy the tractor I would have spent it on whiskey and women and wouldn't have the $3,000.00.

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #13  
Raddad,
Know what you mean, hard to hang on to money when you are young. Tractors are a good deal imo, looks like that tractor cost you $22+ dollars a month in todays' dollars. Can't beat that with a stick.

I sold my Deere 820 1973 model this year for $5900, bought it in 1996 and spent a total of $6000 with new clutch install, tires, paint and other things to restore it. Bought a new rops in 2005 for 1700 added a lot of safety and comfort, well worth it to me. So even with adjustments for 2013 I got about half of it back, $11,000-5900 = $5100. Cost me $25 dollars a month to own plus fluids. There isn't much else out there I could spend money on for the benefits I receive from tractors.

That is one reason I prefer to buy the tractor I wan't and don't get my drawers in a knot about it. If you buy it right the first time and keep it the cost of ownership is low.

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #14  
if I didn,t buy the tractor I would have spent it on whiskey and women and wouldn't have the $3,000.00.

Raddad,
Know what you mean, hard to hang on to money when you are young.

With inflation as it is, it is silly to hang onto it. Physical goods have quantifiable value. Money is only worth what they tell us it is and they tell us it's worth less and less by the day. Make it while ya can, spend it while it's worth something...

Better on a tractor than "whiskey and women"...

Congrats on making out so well on your investment! :thumbsup:

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #15  
That tractor is older than me...

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #16  
if I didn,t buy the tractor I would have spent it on whiskey and women...

And the rest you would have just wasted. :laughing:

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #18  
Buddy of mine bought a kubota L2850 new in 1988 (I think?) Remember the day it was delivered... his sons and I are close in age, them being a few years younger, and my having been driving my ol mans mf135 for a few years at that time, he let me drive it that first day at the ripe ol age of 11. Made his boys mad as he!!. I've used said tractor a bit over the years, as did he and his boys, and it shows... rough lookin ol 'bota but still runs and works great. He has since added an L4310 hst cab tractor to the collection as well. He has no plans of selling...

Tractors are good investments... wish I would have done so years ago, I wouldn't have had to borrow that 2850 so much!

Good to hear you had a good run with yours...

/ Tractor sale after 3`1 years of use #19  
Inflation calculator notwithstanding, the B7100 really holds it's value. I kept my B7100 HST for exactly 20 years (to the month). With a rear mower I paid $5400 and sold it when I upgraded this spring for $5000. My Kubota dealer gave me the book value and it was listed for only 24 hours on Craigslist before selling. Love my new-to-me BX23 but selling the B7100 was kinda like parting with an old friend.