Tractor scams right here???

/ Tractor scams right here??? #11  
I'm confused (as usual). What part is the scam? Is it the unbelievable low price, a typo (would it be ok if it were $14,200), a divorce, a scam to show lower value by buying it from his brother to show lowered value, stolen, or what?

I buy stuff from Craigslist all the time. You get a real contact (phone number and street adress, go see it, decide what its worth, make a counter offer and take it or leave it). lots of stuff here in Michigan that being left at the side of the road as families walk away from the state with just all they can stuff into a U-Haul truck. A tractor don't fit real well in a moving van.

Please explain this one. Thanks.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #12  
I'm confused (as usual). What part is the scam? Is it the unbelievable low price, a typo (would it be ok if it were $14,200), a divorce, a scam to show lower value by buying it from his brother to show lowered value, stolen, or what?

I buy stuff from Craigslist all the time. You get a real contact (phone number and street adress, go see it, decide what its worth, make a counter offer and take it or leave it). lots of stuff here in Michigan that being left at the side of the road as families walk away from the state with just all they can stuff into a U-Haul truck. A tractor don't fit real well in a moving van.

Please explain this one. Thanks.
What I see all the time on craigslist is a tractor that should sell @ 10-15K advertised for under 5K. The ad always includes an e-mail address that does not go through craigslist. I do not know the point of these ads. I'm not sure if it a ruse to somehow get you to wire the $ to a foreign bank or simply to get your actual e-mail address and flood you with spam.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #13  
While looking for a horse trailer recently, I found one that would be in the 8-10K range advertised for $3800 with a (semi-local to me) Boston area address. I responded and the reply stated it was located in northern California but, the price included delivery east. Yeah, right.

/ Tractor scams right here??? #14  
I was Looking through the classifieds site here a minute ago and found this! :mad:2008 KUBOTA BX24D 4X4 LOADER BACKHOE asking $4200 NO LIFT ARMS , REAR 3 POINT LIFT , BT601 BACKHOE , R4 INDUSTRIAL TIRES , LA240 QUICK ATTACH FRONTEND LOADER , DIFF LOCK , 2 POST FOLDOWN ROLLOVER BAR , REAR AND MID PTOS , HYDROSTATIC DRIVE WITH HI AND LOW RANGE , 23 HP , POWER STEERING , 3 CYL DIESEL ENGINE
On December 16, 2008, fredcalman added:

For a fast reply please email me at my home/work email : fredcalman@yahoo.com .

Thanks for looking ! WOW! takes a lot of ***** to post a scam right here!

The model year and the price are the scam alerts--they are disconnected. Easy to spot if you have been watching tractor and implement prices on eBay, CL, in the local classifieds, etc.

For tractors without implements I always check the latest edition of the tractor blue book before contacting the seller.

Getting a handle on implement prices is generally not so straightforward. That's why watching implement prices (asking and selling) on eBay is an excellent way to get educated.

No substitute for doing your homework before shelling out your hard earned bucks.