Tractor Scar

/ Tractor Scar #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
Last week I was using my back blade around my shop. I thought I did a great job until I walked around my shop to admire my work. That's when I noticed a new scar near the back door on my shop /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

I guess I nicked the door frame with the loader bucket while watching the blade.

Attachments

• 679580-damaged-door.JPG
    679580-damaged-door.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,331
   / Tractor Scar #2  
"nicked" ????!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I believe you are the first person here that this has ever happened to.... or should I say the first to actually post a pic. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Been there, done it......twice. Once a building and once a tree that will forever bear the scar.

/ Tractor Scar #3  
Ha Ha, welcome to the Club! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractor Scar #4  
Been there done that. If that is just a "nick" then mine is just a "mark". Same deal, I just barely caught the door frame with the FEL bucket. At least you didn't scratch the tractor!

Sim

/ Tractor Scar #5  
What someone else said ... "nicked".

I'd hate to see some other words in your vocabulary. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you not hear that, or I guess it was really soft metal. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That is why I have wood buildings. Easier to repair before the significant other comes around.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor Scar #6  
After seeing that 'nik' I feel much better. last week i was pulling under my tube frame tarp and my mower bent out the leading pole.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Scar #7  
Merely a flesh wound.

One morning I left the garage in my P/U and the door was still down. Or as I like to tell it...something expected didn't come up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Tractor Scar #8  
Here's a heartbreaker...Early this year, the wife and I decided to buy a new RV to live in here in Florida. We purchased it, and had it delivered to our farm in Michigan. A few weeks later, some folks from the church needed a place to stay, so I told them they could stay in the new trailer. The day they were to arrive, we had fresh snow, so I went out with my 830 John Deere utility and cleaned up around the trailer, being very careful not to scratch my new 29' Cardinal 5th wheel. I pushed in with the back blade, and got in around the door, and then LIFTED the blade to pull forward. The corner of the backblade was under the edge of the trailer and I put this HUGE CREASE in the aluminum skirt that runs around the trailer. NUTS!!!

Jumped off the tractor and pulled it back down into shape the best way that I could and HOPED that the wife didn't notice.

We are living in the trailer now in Okeechobee, FL and I have a plant parked in front of the crease to keep it out of sight..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Tractor Scar #9  
Reminds me of the time I took the gutter off the house with the loader. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Tractor Scar #10  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Merely a flesh wound.

One morning I left the garage in my P/U and the door was still down. Or as I like to tell it...something expected didn't come up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
)</font>

Edski,

What is your dog carrying in it's mouth?

I told my boys once damage like that is caused by Indiana termites! At six and eight years old they believed me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif