Tractor search

/ Tractor search #1  

martialplumber

Bronze Member
Tractor
2002 Kubota L4610HST-HC
I have been looking and doing some research on new tractors. I have 12 acres and it would be used for snow moving and maintaining a 1/2 mile long driveway & moving around falling timber & a little earthwork. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Kioti CK3510hst w/cab.LS 3135hc-35hp w/cab.I am not sure what Kubota I should be looking at the B or L series. The dealerships to all these brands are relatively the same distance. I have received a cost of 26,995.00 for the LS. All the machines will have a FEL. I know I have to sit on each machine to see which one works and feels better and I will do that.I am heading up to check out the Kioti and at the same dealership they have a 2002 Kubota L4610HSTC2 46hp hydrostatic. Factory cab with heat and AC. Equipped with a LA852 loader. Excellent condition with ONLY 253 extremely low hours asking 23,900.I am thinking this is a little big for what I will use it for but just asking what you think of the machine. It does have some age but not many hours,I am leaning towards new and I know I will keep it for quite a long time.I have been lurking on this site for a bit getting some great information so I decided to join.

/ Tractor search #2  
Welcome to TBN........

Of course with new you get the warranty but I'd guess that maybe one or two out of 100 who buy new actually ever have a warranty problem.
That Kubota would be a very good deal also and a larger machine too. If it was me I'd be negotiating on the Kubota. Maybe you can negotiate a free service or two included or possibly 1 year dealer warranty included. It would be worth asking.
Either of the others you looked at will do the jobs you require but getting a low hour larger machine seems like a real good deal to me.

/ Tractor search #3  
I don't think the L would be too big. I would go for that too. That's a nice rig for the $.

/ Tractor search #4  
I don't think the L would be too big. I would go for that too. That's a nice rig for the $.

I'd recommend to go look at every brand you can. I did and ended up choosing Mahindra. For the features, functionality and price it couldn't be beat.

/ Tractor search #5  
I just purchased an LS XR3135HC. Took delivery yesterday. The price you were quoted is within a few hundred of what I paid.
I researched for 2 years and attended the Louisville Farm Show which gave me the opportunity to see first hand all the models. LS impressed me the most. Most bang for the buck, and overall great reviews on here by owners. I eliminated early on John Deere and Kubota. Just for the fact that they were, IMO, overpriced. I had my John Deere for 12 years before trading it in. Great tractor, but the big names have their share of issues too. More importantly get a reliable brand with a good dealer support. (Not to say to pass up a good deal on a used one.)
One thing that I liked about the LS is that they give more options that are standard. Such as 2 remotes and in the case of the 3135 cab models, a lever to control the 3pt on the rear of the tractor. I believe this is a recent add on since my dealer said he just recently noticed them showing up on the 3135.

/ Tractor search #6  
It's hard to find a good used machine that meets your needs. So if the used one does start there. Beyond that all 3 of those are great machines. It would come down to price and dealer.
If you go Kubota the comparable model is the L series. The L series hasn't changed in a long time which is good for some but a turn off to me. The link below should help too.

https://www.ne-equip.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016_Survey_Report_Final.pd_.pdf

/ Tractor search #7  
I've been operating an L4610HST since 2002. It's a very capable, reliable and useful piece of equipment. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend that model highly as a used tractor, especially if it is in good condition and has been maintained well. For comparison, mine has about 1,300 hours and has never had downtime or needed repairs. Those other models you're considering are very nice as well. Give each one a good look and choose the one you like best. Any of them should easily handle the work you've mentioned.

/ Tractor search #8  
I would go for that too.
If you get the L4610, in a year you will than us.
Offer at least $2000 less cash, walk away and wait for a phone call.

Last edited:
   / Tractor search
I ended up going to a couple of dealerships on Sunday,they where not opened but I got a chance to look at the 2002 Kubota L4610 and it was in very good condition.I am going to call the dealer today and seek some more information.Any questions on that particular model I should ask? I also saw the Kioti CK3510 HST but it was on a pallet and the tires were not installed I did get to check out the cab and it was a nice machine,I did get a cost of 27,700.00 on the Kioti if I took the rebates.The Kioti dealership is also a Massey Ferguson dealer I have not researched them at all are they generally a premium priced machine? Thanks again for all the comments and information as of right now I am leaning towards the used Kubota.

/ Tractor search #10  
I ended up going to a couple of dealerships on Sunday,they where not opened but I got a chance to look at the 2002 Kubota L4610 and it was in very good condition.I am going to call the dealer today and seek some more information.Any questions on that particular model I should ask? I also saw the Kioti CK3510 HST but it was on a pallet and the tires were not installed I did get to check out the cab and it was a nice machine,I did get a cost of 27,700.00 on the Kioti if I took the rebates.The Kioti dealership is also a Massey Ferguson dealer I have not researched them at all are they generally a premium priced machine? Thanks again for all the comments and information as of right now I am leaning towards the used Kubota.

Before you purchase the Kubota you need to inquire with the local Kubota dealer as to the availability of parts. It may only have 253 hours but it is 15 years old.

Unless you're just set on using that particular dealer you really should go sit on and get prices for every brand within an hour drive of you. Picking the right dealer is important but I know that touching and getting prices on other brands will help you make your decision.

LS, Mahindra, and Kioti (I'm sure there are others but these 3 are the only players in my market and Kioti in 80 miles away) are going to be your best bet at getting a tractor with a lot of premium options as standard without the premium price. I drove cab models of Mahindra and LS and I was more impressed with the LS tractor. It makes sense since the LS is basically the same as a New Holland. The only reason I didn't choose LS is lack of established dealers locally.

Bottom line...you're doing yourself a disservice by not looking at everything.