Tractor security?

/ Tractor security? #11  
For folks who are talking about bracing the buckets to prevent it being dragged away, I have a question: aren't the keys on most tractors universal? What's to stop a thief from acquiring one and just starting the thing up, then raising the bucket? I mean, that wouldn't work for an opportunistic thief, but someone who is specifically after your tractor, or tractors in general, it seems like they would probably have a key.

/ Tractor security? #12  
Remove some important wires, from bettery to starter. Close fuel cock, remove line, and hide end (the only time I close my fuel cock is when replacing fuel filter). Remove wire from fuel solenoid valve. Plug air cleaner inlet, put rag on air cleaner, or between air cleaner and safety element. Just a few ideas I quickly came up with. I am sure if you looked around your tractor, you could come up with a few more. Philip.

/ Tractor security? #13  
Pull out the electrical connector to your high pressure injection pump, but leave it there so it looks like its hooked up, then dig the front bucket in,,,,, they'll have one he'll of a time trying to take it

I do this when my on again off again GF throws me out for coming home drunk,,

/ Tractor security? #14  
Bring it over to my house ... I will watch it for you!

Trust me .....

/ Tractor security? #15  
pull the battery out.

run a chain around tractor and loop it through the steering wheel with a lock on the chain.

==============
honestly though, my worst fear is.... someone putting something else besides gas in my gas tank, or into engine oil or into hydraulic oil.

that is one thing i do not like about smaller size tractors. they are made to look cool. but not really theft resistant. as in a hood or side panels you can toss a lock on easily. so no one can cut wires, or turn gas on. add something else to engine oil or hydraulic tank. or like without taking the lock off.

if ya look at a manual for tractor, you should be able to find fuse that goes to starter motor or like for tractor. perhaps figure out a way to blow same size fuse. and place blown fuse in the fuse box. this may stop a neighbor from coming over with a key they got. to use your equipment while you are not at home.

most towns even the small bitty towns, normally have some sort of "rental storage sheds" you could always drive tractor over to. and park it in a shed or like.

/ Tractor security? #16  
Your just going to have to take the tractor with you. It will be the only way to know for sure

/ Tractor security? #17  
Have a trail camera watch it for you. :thumbsup:

/ Tractor security? #18  
Removing a single wheel should be effective, as most thieves are too lazy to put it back on.