Tractor shopping

/ Tractor shopping #11  
Did a similar thing, priced a Kubota 2601 open station with a loader, bought the same size Kioti with cab, air, heat, and loader for 2 k more.

/ Tractor shopping #12  
Funny you bring that up as we have had 3 S Korean vehicles over the last 20 yrs. I find them to be a good value and don't even shop the big names anymore.

/ Tractor shopping #13  
I’m always fascinated with the alternative Orange value argument. I like Kioti tractors (I’ve operated a couple…and will very likely be developing a turbo kit for the CK) and certainly cross-shopped them during both of my tractor buying experiences.
However, in both cases (in my area), they were virtually the same price as Kubota. Price being equal, I chose Kubota.

Mike

/ Tractor shopping #14  
I’m always fascinated with the alternative Orange value argument. I like Kioti tractors (I’ve operated a couple…and will very likely be developing a turbo kit for the CK) and certainly cross-shopped them during both of my tractor buying experiences.
However, in both cases (in my area), they were virtually the same price as Kubota. Price being equal, I chose Kubota.

Mike

Prices have changed since I last tractor shopped in early 2021. Back then it seemed most tractor brands were within a few thousand $$.
Of course I was able to use 20% NHCA discount through Kubota.

Don't know what the prices for equivalent tractors across all brands are running.

/ Tractor shopping #15  
Here too. I went from sitting on new Kubotas to buying a new Kioti.

For a given class/frame/engine, the Kioti edged or dominated the Kubota & Deere in nearly every category.

The price was nice, but my primary criteria was getting the most machine I could fit in my garage and through my barn breezeways. For it’s footprint, the Kioti was the stoutest and strongest. I paid cash. Price wasn’t a factor.

Following my research, I seemed to me Kioti is a rapidly emerging brand, while Kubota has peaked and Deere is sliding… as it pertains to compact tractors.

Twenty years ago, the passenger car world had established brands Ford/Mercury/Chevrolet/Pontiac/Oldsmobile… while Hyundai/KIA were just getting established. Currently the legacy brand passenger cars are all but dead, and Hyundai/KIA are prevalent.

Compact tractors might have a similar trajectory.

I watch a lot of car repair channels and I wouldn't touch a Korean vehicle. I know people with Korean vehicles and generally poor reliability.
Buy once, cry once.
Don't know if that's true for tractor brands.

/ Tractor shopping #16  
A Hyundai can’t be any worse than a Audi or BMW to wrench on.

I see a lot more clapped out Hyundais Elantras still running around than Dodge Darts or Chevy Cobalts.
I was addressing the Kia/Hyundai comment. Wouldn't touch a newer Nissan or German vehicle
The only ICE car I would buy is a Toyota, Mazda or Honda in that order.
Only ICE truck I would buy is a Ford with 5.0 L, Ford diesel, or Chevy in that order but would buy an extended warranty if bought new.

/ Tractor shopping #17  
I have a Kia! :LOL:

It’s a 2023 so, as far as reliability goes, it’s too early to tell. But, so far, so good.
This is my first Kia (and Korean vehicle), but I’ve owned over 30 vehicles from various makes and models, from economical, luxury, muscle and sports cars.

Mike

/ Tractor shopping #18  
Kubota has a very good track record for just about every aspect of ownership. I have no doubt that there are more than a few other brands making good products, but for me there's only one choice and it's the original orange. I looked closely at Kioti before I bought the M6060 but the lack of a proper dealership up here along with an odd cheapness of the product in terms of materials, fit and finish sent me back to what I know.

I have around 1,000 hours in Kubotas that I've owned, not a lot, but enough over the last 8 years to see what's in front of me. I've had or have a BX, MX6000HST, MX6000HSTC and an M6060 without a single problem. The fact that one of the best dealerships in the country is only 3 miles from my house helps too.

At the end of the day, most people end up being satisfied with what they have unless something breaks or malfunctions. It's only through comparison that you know what you're missing, or how good what you have is.

/ Tractor shopping #19  
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850.
My dad has a Kubota L3000 and an L4600 HST that I have used multiple times.
Are any of those better made or more reliable than my Kioti DK 35 ?
You would have to show me where, I'm not seeing it.
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 23 years and 2500 hours, its been great.
Never been back to the dealer and still working like new.

/ Tractor shopping #20  
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850.
My dad has a Kubota L3000 and an L4600 HST that I have used multiple times.
Are any of those better made or more reliable than my Kioti DK 35 ?
You would have to show me where, I'm not seeing it.
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 23 years and 2500 hours, its been great.
Never been back to the dealer and still working like new.
There are lots of good tractors out there. All I said is that Kubota has proven to be one of the most reliable brands available with a huge dealer network. Kubota shows up year after year as being a very solid and well-proven product, and tend to sell a lot more units than some other manufacturers. They also keep their value too given their well-established reliability and overall quality.

I'm not typically lucky, so having owned four Kubotas, five including a generator, and not having any problems is compelling to me. Just my opinion based on my experience and lots of corroborating information on the internet.