Tractor size question

/ Tractor size question #21  
personally you can never have to much hp.but if i was you id look at the new mx5800hst tractors .

/ Tractor size question #22  
personally you can never have to much hp.but if i was you id look at the new mx5800hst tractors .

Definitely. If you're not worried about a cab - the MX5800 HST would be a top candidate.

AKfish

/ Tractor size question #23  
I agree with what many others here have already said. Get the biggest compact cab HST tractor with the most horsepower available right up front. Getting the most horsepower now may save some regret down the road. CUT'S offer a lot these days, including strong loaders, hydraulic remotes, comfortable cabs, and enough PTO power and weight to get most any task done.

As Gman stated, LS makes a good tractor but they are not without limitations, especially the low loader lift height and the fact that they only offer up to 46 HP in HST models. I owned one as well and it was a great tractor, but there are better choices for nearly the same cost.

These are the current list of high horsepower HST cab models.

Kubota L6060 (60 HP)
Deere 4066r (66 HP)
Kioti NX6010 (59 HP)
Massey 1758 (59 HP)
Mahindra 6010 (59 HP)
Mahindra 3550 (50 HP)

Good luck!

/ Tractor size question
Thanks for the tip I always need a reason to run to Helena.
Sorry they made you leave.

/ Tractor size question #25  
Thanks for the tip I always need a reason to run to Helena.
Sorry they made you leave.

I'm working on getting them to send me back :thumbsup: The difference is this time I'll be able to afford a drift boat and I'll retire there!

/ Tractor size question #26  
I'm working on getting them to send me back :thumbsup: The difference is this time I'll be able to afford a drift boat and I'll retire there!

Who would ever guess that the "Muddy Missouri" could have such pretty, clear blue water..?

AKfish

/ Tractor size question #27  
Welcome to TBN. To pull either of the two implements I would recommend 4WD and at least 75 engine hp. Both of those implements are fairly good sized. It would probably be more economical to drop down to 50 hp/4WD and properly sized implements. You could sell both of those implements and use the money on the new tractor and implements.

Good advice.
You can go to 50hp but get 4wd as well. YOu can try those implements...remove a few disks and shanks..and dig less deeply into the ground to adapt the implements to your tractor and needs. You likely will go to newer implements over time.
HST is your friend, wife will love it as well...just get it...it is safer, tough and reliable.

/ Tractor size question #28  
I agree with what many others here have already said. Get the biggest compact cab HST tractor with the most horsepower available right up front. Getting the most horsepower now may save some regret down the road. CUT'S offer a lot these days, including strong loaders, hydraulic remotes, comfortable cabs, and enough PTO power and weight to get most any task done.

As Gman stated, LS makes a good tractor but they are not without limitations, especially the low loader lift height and the fact that they only offer up to 46 HP in HST models. I owned one as well and it was a great tractor, but there are better choices for nearly the same cost.

These are the current list of high horsepower HST cab models.

Kubota L6060 (60 HP)
Deere 4066r (66 HP)
Kioti NX6010 (59 HP)
Massey 1758 (59 HP)
Mahindra 6010 (59 HP)
Mahindra 3550 (50 HP)

Good luck!

No offense TSO, but the Deere, Kubota, and Massey will really run you.

To the OP, I would think that 50HP would be a minimum. No need to go to much higher, maybe 55/60HP. You don't want to be constantly pushing the limits of your tractor.

/ Tractor size question #29  
No offense TSO, but the Deere, Kubota, and Massey will really run you.

To the OP, I would think that 50HP would be a minimum. No need to go to much higher, maybe 55/60HP. You don't want to be constantly pushing the limits of your tractor.

No offense taken at all ... but I don't know what it means to say that they will "run" me... can you clarify?

/ Tractor size question #30  
No offense taken at all ... but I don't know what it means to say that they will "run" me... can you clarify?

Just a guess, but in context it seems to mean "cost a lot". Like, "John Deere makes a nice tractor, but it's gonna run you 60 grand to own one".