tractor size ?

/ tractor size ? #1  

stovepipe

Tractor
kubota L3830
Thanks for this website ! I have 25 acres and need a tractor to mow 4-5 acres and to build and maintain a motocross/atv track and trails. I need a tractor with good loader/backhoe abilities, some of the jumps are 5-6' tall. I looked at the bx23, but it seemed too small. I am considering the b2910 or L3130. I know the L3130 is bigger with the same hp, but is seems to have better backhoe abilities. I haven't looked at the John Deere or New Holland yet. Any suggestions ?

/ tractor size ? #2  
You are right and justifiably so when you have weight difference between those two different size tractor chassis. I'd be telling you to go for the L-series.

/ tractor size ? #3  
I am not a Kubota owner, but can advise you that for backhoe use, get the strongest, heaviest tractor you can afford. You will never regret spending the extra money. Get the L3130 !!

/ tractor size ? #4  
Hi...

The Kubota L3130 will handle the Kubota BH90 9-foot backhoe... I think it's "commercial" quality/capability...

Dave...

/ tractor size ? #5  
I was looking at the 2910 and went with the L3130. The NH 33D and JD 4210 are comparable to the L3130. These get you into the larger frame. The NH29D is more along the lines of the b2910.

I didn't consider the the JD myself cause the price in my area was to high. NH and Kubota had more tractor for less money. I simply had a better warm fuzzy with the Kubota dealer than NH and I was leaning toward NH initially. I liked the NH joystick setup better for the loader vs Kubota as well.

I can hardly image a BH90 or a Woods 9000 on a smaller framed tractor than the L3130. There is plenty of power to move the heavier tractor as it is.

If you can check out the Kubota L series, JD 4210, 4310 and NH TC29D, 33D and 35D tractors.

/ tractor size ? #6  
If you are looking at the L3130, a comparable model from John Deere is the 4310. The BH90 backhoe on the L3130 is most comparable to the 48 backhoe on the JD. Can't go wrong with either, as long as you can get good service from the dealer.

/ tractor size ? #7  
L 3130HST and BH90 has my vote.

TxDon
<font color="orange"> L 5030HST BH90 </font>

/ tractor size ? #8  
As a 4210 owner, I would discourage using that model for serious backhoe work, the 4310 has more hp and better hydraulic flow, plus it can handle a larger backhoe than the 4210. Had I thought I might buy a backhoe down the road, I would have bought the 4310.

/ tractor size ? #9  
For that kind of excavation and earth moving I would get a decent size tractor. Since I'm a New Holand fan, I'd go for a TC40 or 45.

Andy

/ tractor size ? #10  
I have a B2910...

Get the 3130 or a 3430. The BH90 backhoe is much better than the backhoe on my B2910.

I almost regret buying my B2910, but since I only have 3.7 acres to deal with it is excellent for my needs.

Buy the L3130...almost costs the same...much more bang for the buck...