Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #11  
I have a NH TC33D w/turf tires/72"MMM and mow all the yard except the trimming with the push mower. I mow the walking trails around the field with the MMM then use the 72" RC to mow the rest of the field less often.

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #12  
I can do five acres on my 1026r on very hilly obstacle laden yard in 1.25 hrs. I don't have a bush hog so I don't know how fast it would mow but I would be limited to a 4' deck due to only 18 pto hp and weak hydraulics on the 3ph. I would look at a 2520

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #13  
I can do five acres on my 1026r on very hilly obstacle laden yard in 1.25 hrs. I don't have a bush hog so I don't know how fast it would mow but I would be limited to a 4' deck due to only 18 pto hp and weak hydraulics on the 3ph. I would look at a 2520

Really? 5 acres is a lot in 1.25 hrs. It takes me almost that long to do 3 acres with a commercial ztr lawn machine with 60" deck that's rated for 12mph. How in the world are you able to do 5?

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #14  
There are a lot of buildings on it so I'm only really cutting about 4 acres of grass. I also don't trim with it and I can run about 10 mph where it's not rough.

Of course one of our measurements could be wrong.

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #15  
I have approx 5 acres, of which I mow about 3.5. I use my JD X495, with the 62C deck, and to do all 3.5 acres properly, will take me 2 - 2 1/2 hours. My property is pretty much flat, with only a few trees to slow me down.

5 acres in 1 1/2 hours doesn't sound right to me. You would have to be really motoring to cover all that, and I don't think there are many large grass areas you could go that speed on without inviting some dental damage in the process. My lawn looks pretty flat, but it doesn't take much of a bump to start you bouncing around at higher speeds. Besides that, I don't think you would end up with a decent job of it.

REV

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #16  
1 acre = 43,560 sqft or 180ft x 242ft
4 acres = 174,240 sq ft or 720ft x 242ft
720/5' deck = 144 passes that are 242' long or 34,848ft or 6.6 miles

So, one 60" wide cut, 6.6 miles long.....is 4 acres

That does not take into consideration of cut overlap, turning time, etc...

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #17  
So, mowing 5 acres with 1 acres worth of obstacles on this "very hilly obstacle laden yard" in 1.25 hours is highly unlikely even with a 5' deck.

/ Tractor Suggestion 3 acres Lawn 5 acres Field #18  
While my JD 3320 will go faster, I find anything much over 6 mph for mowing to be unsatisfactory for ride and cut and the lawn "looks" flat.

To a certain extent we recommend what we spent our own money for, but I find the 3x20 series a very good compromise between smaller / larger. For me having the extra FEL capacity and BH capability pushed me into that size range.