Tractor "Tiers"

/ Tractor "Tiers" #11  
teir 4 has made all teir 3 tractorup in price matter their age.ive seen 10yr old m6800s selling for what they did new.an used 7040s doing the samething.

/ Tractor "Tiers" #12  
That video was pretty nice propaganda. But I am sure there are down sides to all this. I don't have a problem with this technology, I also highly doubt that the system will last the lifetime of the machine, 5000 hours it what they tell us. But computerized exhaust monitoring with up stream and down stream sensors sounds like a great deal to go wrong on a machine like a tractor working in very dusty areas.

I really hope this works, but I would not be shocked to see a long list of problems related to this technology, not to even go into the price of all things produced with machines using diesel power to go up as well.

/ Tractor "Tiers" #13  
That video was pretty nice propaganda. But I am sure there are down sides to all this. I don't have a problem with this technology, I also highly doubt that the system will last the lifetime of the machine, 5000 hours it what they tell us. But computerized exhaust monitoring with up stream and down stream sensors sounds like a great deal to go wrong on a machine like a tractor working in very dusty areas.

I really hope this works, but I would not be shocked to see a long list of problems related to this technology, not to even go into the price of all things produced with machines using diesel power to go up as well.

Agreed. I'd love to know the prices of these various sensors at the parts counter of a dealer. Much like O2 sensors for gasoline fuel injection engines, I suspect they are not going to be cheap, and will probably be subject to periodic failure.

/ Tractor "Tiers" #14  
The warranty requirement for all emissions related components is 5 years 3,000 hours for tractors over 25 HP so it may be a few years before customers need to buy any of the components. The only on-line prices I found in a quick search are $300 - $690 to clean a DPF depending on the condition. The only tractor we have with a DPF so far is a Kubota M135GX and its service recommendation is to have the DPF cleaned every 3,000 hours.

I assume CNH had some difficulty getting their SCR into production on tractors with engines in the 100 - 175 HP range, specifically the T6 series New Holland. One of my neighbors had one on order for last year but when the dealer couldn't get any from the factory until July, the neighbor took a Kubota M100GX instead - it was already on the dealer's lot. A couple of my neighbors got T6 New Hollands this year. It will be interesting to compare notes in the fall.