tractor tipping question

/ tractor tipping question #81  
not familiar with your tractor but a few standard things to counter balance would be - a weight box on the back of the tractor, wheel weights added to rims, and/or load rear tires with liquids like rimguard.
I doubt that a 3pt ballast box would increase his ballast over what his backhoe provides.
Extending the backhoe reach might increase the leverage of the weight, but it could be that his tractor is not weight rated to travel in this configuration.

/ tractor tipping question #82  
I have a sub-compact, emax 20s with a bucket and backhoe. A couple of times with a heavy load on the front (clamp on forks) I've felt a rear wheel lift off the ground. Lowered the bucket, inched forward, and lowered the backhoe outriggers to help keep from tipping. Is that a stupid think to do? Does it help?
fill the rear tires with water and a tube,I would not want water inside a tubeless tire

/ tractor tipping question #83  
This may sound obviuous but always keep the load as close to the ground as possible when moving a heavy load. If you do need to lift it keep in mind for every inch it goes up the payload weight must go down. Adding forks accelerates the load derating. There are ways to compensate as many of the guys have mentioned but with those, how much counter weight is enough before reaching other limitations? It is all a balance, sort of a see-saw actually.

Another technique you may be able to use is to not completely lift the load off the ground but enough so you can scoot it to where you want it.

/ tractor tipping question #84  
Branson 3510i here, got more steep ground than level, hard to find a place to park it where I can properly check the oil level. As configured from the dealer, didn't take much to get two wheels up off the ground, especially when using the FEL. Eventually figured out I could flip the tires around (and then swap left and right to still have forward tread) giving it a wider stance, this solved the problem. They get configured for shipping at minimum width so they can fit more tractors. For an even wider stance, you can buy spacers to place between the hubs on the tractor and your wheels. I find a wide stance to be far more important than playing with weight distribution to keep the tractor from tipping. Use that seatbelt!

/ tractor tipping question #85  
I have a sub-compact, emax 20s with a bucket and backhoe. A couple of times with a heavy load on the front (clamp on forks) I've felt a rear wheel lift off the ground. Lowered the bucket, inched forward, and lowered the backhoe outriggers to help keep from tipping. Is that a stupid think to do? Does it help?
I made a quick attach weight for my subcompact Kioti so I could do any loader or forklift work without the rear wheels lifting off the ground. I've upgraded to a compact Kioti but I still find it helps a lot when I'm doing a lot of loader work. I've never weighed my weight but I'd guess it is about 300-350 pounds. It makes loader work fun.

I made it buy welding 7 3" thick by 8" diameter round solid steel wheels together and placing and welding cat 1 lower arm pins that allows me to load and unload weights by using my car 1 3 pt hitch quick attach connection.

If I had a backhoe attachment, I would try to add some quickly removable weights down as low as possible.

Some say adding beet juice to your rear wheels is the best solution and may work better then physical weights. I haven't done that yet so I'm unable to comment from experience on that
Good luck, I'm sure there's a solution out there for you.

/ tractor tipping question #86  
you are trying to lift too much weight on the toy tractor loader and the forks sticking out make more leverage. This is called a lazy man's load. Take smaller loads and problem solved.

/ tractor tipping question #87  
This may sound obviuous but always keep the load as close to the ground as possible when moving a heavy load. If you do need to lift it keep in mind for every inch it goes up the payload weight must go down. Adding forks accelerates the load derating. There are ways to compensate as many of the guys have mentioned but with those, how much counter weight is enough before reaching other limitations? It is all a balance, sort of a see-saw actually.

Another technique you may be able to use is to not completely lift the load off the ground but enough so you can scoot it to where you want it.
I run bucket forks on my tractor most of the time. There are good things and bad things about the forks.
Good:
* They can hold the load in one place, and on top of the bucket rather than dangling below (which can throw the balance off if the load swings to the side).
* Good solid tie down places.
* Increases area available to load.

Bad:
* The forks when attached to the bucket are about 2' further out than if I had a fork carrier, pushing the load further forward, and putting more leverage on the front wheels.
* The forks (old forklift forks) are massively heavy. So I probably lose 400 lbs or so of weight capacity just with the forks.
* Mine are fixed location. I put them narrow to carry a tree, but wider would have been better for many things.
* And the forks allow me to add weight 3 feet or so in front of the bucket, further pushing the balance point further.

Overall, I like having the forks. Rear ballast helps a lot. I don't think they negatively impact hill performance. However, I've mentioned before that I've added front axle stops to keep the front axle from rolling to the side with the bucket filled.

So, having the bucket cause the front axle to roll on a hillside could mean dire consequences.

/ tractor tipping question #88  
I had a set of bucket forks when I first got my tractor, I used them once, and almost damage what I was lifting when they moved so I scrapped them and bought myself a real set of attachment forks.

I have never regretted it

/ tractor tipping question #89  
My forks are bolted to the bucket with 6 grade 8 bolts per fork. They don't move at all. Even less movement than might be expected with regular forklift forks.

/ tractor tipping question #90  
Maybe this has been mentioned, but I think some people forget one very important fact. When your back wheels come off the ground, ALL of the weight on the back of the tractor, ALL of the weight on the front of the tractor, PLUS the load in or on your bucket, forks, ALL the weight is on the front wheels and tires. it exceeds the maximum weight the front axle and wheel tires by double or triple. Maybe more than that even. I know this because I do stupid things sometimes. Sometimes I get by with it. Sometimes it costs me..:oops: