Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #71  
roxynoodle said:
I In my 16 years as a teacher I have never been wrong when I told the kids school would be closed the next day, LOL!

Roxy, you either are aging very quickly or you started teaching late. I've been in the classroom for 40 years now (planning on 5 more) and my major bodily aches are spinal stenosis, a couple of leaky disks, gout, and some minor Osteoarthritis. Of course the fact that I was never coordinated enough to play sports probably prevented a lot of injuries, too.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #72  
Another reason I make it a rule (that I ALMOST always follow) to enter and exit from the left is the HST pedals. I climbed on from the right one time, stepped on a pedal and nearly got ejected!

By the way, kennyd, mount your horse from both sides. It is good for them and you never know when you will have to mount from the right.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #73  
You've just got to watch that right eye / left eye issue with horses. They can be completely familiar with something they see from their left eye.. and then their right eye sees it, and they flip out...

Soundguy

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #74  
True on the horses. We must also bear in mind that their eyesight is approximately the same as ours and supposedly just as many are nearsighted as are humans. In fact, humans and horses are the only animals that can get uveitis. It never hurts though to train them to be mounted from both sides. An older horse may not adjust to it as easily though.

As for my getting old before my time, yes I am! This is my 17th year teaching and I started right before I turned 22. But, what I thought was all wear and tear damage was actually RA. Ok, because of that I am also getting osteoarthritis early in my knees (they haven't had cartiledge for years now). Despite all this, unless my joints are swollen like bowling balls, I get a lot done. I built my own pole barn and last summer I put new siding on my house. I'm still eventing with the horses though not nearly as much as I used to. Though I will admit it is because of the RA that I was finally willing to spend the money to get a tractor. The loader prevents me from having to do heavy lifting now. No more snow shoveling. It can dig post holes. The migraines have nothing to do with age, they are heriditary. I've been getting them since I was 10. For whatever reason, low barametric pressure is a common migraine trigger. So when the kids ask if there will be school the next day, I always seem to know that answer.

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #75  
Timber,

Did almost the same thing the other day on my B7610. Went to get off after mowing and caught one of the legs on an old pair of work shorts I wear around the house on the pto lever. Ripped those suckers wide open showing my Fruit Of The Looms for all to see. LOL. It was not one of my better moments since buying the tractor. My w/o partner always tells me he's seen better looking legs on a table.

Hagman

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes
LOL I’m kind of little anyway so I use both sides of the tractor depending on what I'm doing. I wonder if tractors that go to Europe if they build them so the controls are on the opposite side. It is good to see I am not the only one

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #77  
I can sure tell you that tractors for asian markets have smaller op platforms. Like the yanmar grey units.. etc... They are.. uh.. cozy... So perhaps different market manufacturers -do- customize the layout... seems reasonable anyway..

Soundguy

/ Tractor trashing my Daisy Dukes #78  
In the 2 weeks I've owned my BX24, I've found the treachery that is wearing shorts on the tractor. I've snagged the handles a few times but luckily stopped myself before doing damage to clothing or the tractor.