Tractor /Tree Accident

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #2  
   / Tractor /Tree Accident #3  
WOW....who ever was operating that tractor was totally clueless on assessing the size of that tree!!!

after felling so many this summer, have total respect for the weight of even small 6-8 inch diameter branches.

That a was astounding......act of stupidity.

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #4  
Can anyone post it as a youtube video? I see some guy with a tire on fire.

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #6  
The last time we cut down a (large 4 ft.dia.) rotten willow tree, we had a 60 ft 3/8" cable tied to a branch half way up, and back to the tractor. Started cutting while pulling back until it came down. Willow was about 40 ft. Tall. Worked perfectly

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #7  
Thanks! Man, that really sucks! Even an excavator must be extremely careful dealing with trees. My contractor had part of a tree break off and land on his albeit old machine, engine house. He was not happy.

When I was twelve, I was cutting dead elms with my Dad. For one reason or another we had to pull a tree down. Fifty foot tree, thirty foot chain. My Father was too lazy to go back and get another chain, preferring to believe it would just miss the tractor. Brand new tractor, fenders and lights mangled! I was pissed!

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #8  
Thanks! Man, that really sucks! Even an excavator must be extremely careful dealing with trees. My contractor had part of a tree break off and land on his albeit old machine, engine house. He was not happy.

When I was twelve, I was cutting dead elms with my Dad. For one reason or another we had to pull a tree down. Fifty foot tree, thirty foot chain. My Father was too lazy to go back and get another chain, preferring to believe it would just miss the tractor. Brand new tractor, fenders and lights mangled! I was pissed!

When I was a teenager there was a logger working some mountain land my uncle owned. He was cutting a white oak and wanted it to fall off the ridge into the creek bottom so he decided to encourage it in the right direction by pushing against it with the arm of his log skidder. I'm sure he had done it hundreds of times. He notched the tree and proceeded to cut it. When it broke free the tree did a 180 degree turn, leaped over the log skidder and clobbered his brand new log truck. It then sprung back and put the butt end of the tree square into the radiator of the log skidder. Smoke, steam and parts went everywhere. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. He threw down his chainsaw, shut off the skidder and stomped off to his pickup. It took him a few weeks to get over his mad spell and come back to pick up the pieces.

Some trees are really spiteful! :laughing:

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #9  
Comedy of errors

1) The tractor is backing up (instead of going forward)
2) as the guy with the chainsaw saws through the hinge (as tree moves in wrong direction)
3) on a tree he didn't notch.

He probably wondering: "Now why didn't that 45 degree backcut work?" :confused3:

/ Tractor /Tree Accident #10  
I like where the guy jumps off tractor, pulls his pants up, and looks around like 'glad that ain't MY tractor.' :rolleyes: