tractor vibrating

/ tractor vibrating #1  

rickv3

Tractor
1983 1710 ford compact 4x4 diesel
tractor vibrating

Hi guys, a few weeks ago I cracked the clutch casing on my 1983 Ford 1710 compact tractor. A welder came over and welded the clutch casing, re-installed the front loader and re-connected the hydraulic lines, tried the tractor and everything working fine, decided the hook up the rear snowbblower no hydraulic on blower all manual, once the blower was raised using the 3pt hitch the tractor began to vibrate quite a lot, lowered the snowbblower vibration stops, seems like if you use the 3pt hitch that's when the vibration starts, snowblower not engaged, hydraulic fluid top up. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Rickv3

/ tractor vibrating #2  
First thing i would check is to confirm that you have all the lines connected correctly. I would presume so but... that is one thing that was definitely worked on.

Does the vibration stop when the 3pt hitch stops moving? i.e. blower raised half way

Does the 3 point hitch lower smoothly once raised or does it also jump or jerk going down?

/ tractor vibrating
I think all the hydraulic lines are correctly installed, if not the front end loader would not operate like it did, the only time the vibration stops is when blower is on the ground, the blower raises and lowers like it always done, no jerking motion, my thoughts maybe air in hydraulics for 3pt hitch

Rickv3

/ tractor vibrating
I think all the hydraulic lines are correctly installed, if not the front end loader would not operate like it did, the only time the vibration stops is when blower is on the ground, the blower raises and lowers like it always done, no jerking motion, my thoughts maybe air in hydraulics for 3pt hitch

Rickv3

/ tractor vibrating #5  
Once raised or in position the air should have little or no effect when the 3 pt is stationary. If the 3 pt has position control and their is air in the system or a spool is hanging up from a piece of dirt dislodged by removing and installing the lines this could cause the 3 pt to hunt. I.e. drift down a little, jerk back up, drift down, jerk back up.

Is that what is happening?

/ tractor vibrating #6  
Please post your results on this problem. My Ford 1900 has been doing the same thing for a long time, and I've not taken anything apart. Exact same symptoms. Just out of the blue it started.

/ tractor vibrating #7  
Is there a hydraulic filter screen on or near the pump that can be cleaned ??? My ford 1300 had one that was partialy clogged that caused problems like this.

/ tractor vibrating #8  
Try it with the pto shaft removed. If it is bottoming out in the raised position it can put a lot of pressure on the gear train and clutch.
Dave M7040

/ tractor vibrating
Tomorrow I will remove the driveshaft from pto , and see what happens thanks Dave M7040, I will also try you're suggestion Oldnslo, I'am not sure if a have a filter screen will check amaxwell re-post tomorrow with results, thanks
everyone

rickv3

/ tractor vibrating
Had to go out and try you're suggestion Dave M7040,removed drive shaft off snowblower raised snowblower to top end and tractor shakes vigoursly,amaxwell I have a suction type filter, tomorrow will raise and lower implement to see if any change, what is position control for a 3pt hitch oldnslo, will post results, if dirt is present does anyone know how to clean to remove dirt, thanks

Rickv3