Tractor Sizing TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #31  
:laughing:

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #32  
I know I have excellent traction on my hikers due to weight. ;)

Mine tend to sink down to deep in the softer stuff,
maybe I need to get rid of some ballast:p:laughing:

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #33  
Looks like this is sorted out with Atsah. In case others haven't seen it, I thought I'd go ahead and link to your recent thread that reflects some of the additional due diligence you've already been doing in your tractor shopping. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/416334-things-looking-orange.html

To tie those two machines in with the weight thread here, and to explain why I am trying to get the importance of weight sorted out, the Kubota is just about the lightest in its class and the Kioti is far and away the heaviest at about 600 pounds heavier.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #34  
To tie those two machines in with the weight thread here, and to explain why I am trying to get the importance of weight sorted out, the Kubota is just about the lightest in its class and the Kioti is far and away the heaviest at about 600 pounds heavier.

Yes Kioti makes heavier tractors, it makes them better at some things and not at others.. Can you outline exactly what you are planning to use the tractor for? I may have missed it, if you don't mind telling us again.. Did you look at the Massey 1526 at all or are you looking only at the orange tractors?

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #35  
Yes Kioti makes heavier tractors, it makes them better at some things and not at others.. Can you outline exactly what you are planning to use the tractor for? I may have missed it, if you don't mind telling us again.. Did you look at the Massey 1526 at all or are you looking only at the orange tractors?

I think I covered all the ground in this thread. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...tions-post5497214.html?highlight=#post5497214

I am wide open on what I am considering. The front runners just happened to be orange. Today a Yanmar took the lead. I have a follow-up to do with my local JD dealer, but I don't think that one will end up being competitive. I sent a write up of all my best deals to my closest dealer to give him an opportunity to compete with them. He's a friend of sorts and said he'd beat any deal out there. I'd prefer to do business with him even if I have to spend a little more. I'll probably have a new tractor within two weeks.

Then I'll dive into safety. I am a safety professional by trade and pretty **** about it.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #36  
Okay so I read through it.. My recommendations would be to plan on purchasing a box blade and a ratchet rake. Whichever tractor size you choose should do okay but the smaller tractors will be less capable due to the word "weight", I know weight again, for tearing out roots etc..

IMO, I would buy the largest under tier 4 tractor I could buy, oh wait, I just did a few months ago and I find it to be much more capable than my SCUT was with three more HP.. The Massey 1526 is a fine tractor, it has three ranges and auto throttle which I like, it's kind of a deluxe model with a MMM PTO.. I would have bought one over my Deere if I had dealer support close by..

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #37  
I think I covered all the ground in this thread. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...tions-post5497214.html?highlight=#post5497214

I am wide open on what I am considering. The front runners just happened to be orange. Today a Yanmar took the lead. I have a follow-up to do with my local JD dealer, but I don't think that one will end up being competitive. I sent a write up of all my best deals to my closest dealer to give him an opportunity to compete with them. He's a friend of sorts and said he'd beat any deal out there. I'd prefer to do business with him even if I have to spend a little more. I'll probably have a new tractor within two weeks.

Then I'll dive into safety. I am a safety professional by trade and pretty **** about it.

Get a Kubota M7060 and you won't need to wonder what if ever

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #38  
Okay so I read through it.. My recommendations would be to plan on purchasing a box blade and a ratchet rake. Whichever tractor size you choose should do okay but the smaller tractors will be less capable due to the word "weight", I know weight again, for tearing out roots etc..

IMO, I would buy the largest under tier 4 tractor I could buy, oh wait, I just did a few months ago and I find it to be much more capable than my SCUT was with three more HP.. The Massey 1526 is a fine tractor, it has three ranges and auto throttle which I like, it's kind of a deluxe model with a MMM PTO.. I would have bought one over my Deere if I had dealer support close by..

Just to give you an idea of the root base I am dealing with, this pic shows what was cleared out in the areas I need to work. I did have a bud come through with his big Kubota and work quite a bit of the roots out already. There's not a Massey Dealer anywhere near me that has decent stock.

58543841_10216424079229054_7828887385243910144_n.jpg

I also have a half mile walking path around the perimeter. It's not too wide and in spots it's a but twisty, that's part of why I am looking to go as small as I can get by with.

58462072_10216424082029124_2360771977322430464_n.jpg

Here's part one of the larger cleared areas. It had some decent sized pines that were ground down to dirt level with a forestry mulcher. I have the stumps marked and will obviously try to avoid them. Knowing me, I won't be 100% successful with that venture.

58420030_10216424082589138_8137597269269544960_n.jpg

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #39  
Get a Kubota M7060 and you won't need to wonder what if ever

OP is asking about sub $20K machines. You're pushing one closer to $40K. Are you offering to pay the difference?

You seem to do this a lot. It's like you don't even read the threads before you advertise for orange.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #40  
Just to give you an idea of the root base I am dealing with, this pic shows what was cleared out in the areas I need to work. I did have a bud come through with his big Kubota and work quite a bit of the roots out already. There's not a Massey Dealer anywhere near me that has decent stock.

58543841_10216424079229054_7828887385243910144_n.jpg

I also have a half mile walking path around the perimeter. It's not too wide and in spots it's a but twisty, that's part of why I am looking to go as small as I can get by with.

58462072_10216424082029124_2360771977322430464_n.jpg

Here's part one of the larger cleared areas. It had some decent sized pines that were ground down to dirt level with a forestry mulcher. I have the stumps marked and will obviously try to avoid them. Knowing me, I won't be 100% successful with that venture.

58420030_10216424082589138_8137597269269544960_n.jpg

That's some pretty nasty, thick looking brush.. I would buy the ratchet rake and work at it if I had to but I think you will find it will take you a long time will a small tractor clearing brush.. It doesn't look to be rooted all that bad so a lot of it might drag right out, IDK, I like the dog and watch out for snakes..