Tractor will not move

/ Tractor will not move #1  

Vertebral

Tractor
GC 2400
I was running the tiller behind my GC 2400 with no problems. I backed up and engaged pro and it will not move forward or reverse. If I step on coward pedal the reverse pedal comes up and vise versa. Each appears to have no return tension. So what have I done?

/ Tractor will not move #2  
is there a clutch peddel? button?
is there a low,med, high gear selection?
due you have E-brake / emergency brake on?
as much as a pain, what happens if you disconnect tiller?

/ Tractor will not move #3  
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your tractor troubles!

I'm moving your thread on over to the Massey Ferguson section to see if we can get you some more advice.

/ Tractor will not move #4  
I was running the tiller behind my GC 2400 with no problems. I backed up and engaged pro and it will not move forward or reverse. If I step on coward pedal the reverse pedal comes up and vise versa. Each appears to have no return tension. So what have I done?

The lever for the three point hitch up and down movement should be right beside of your lever for the speed lever selection. It is very easy to hit the speed lever if you move the three point hitch lever.

Check to make sure your speed lever isn't in a neutral position. It may look like it is in the engaged position, but it isn't.

/ Tractor will not move #5  

I sense the issue is "backing up" when you had already been tilling. Is there a shear pin on the tiller? If tiller was in the ground already and you backed up . .. you are pushing the tiller tines in a direction not designed or intended. So a shear pin (just like on a snowblower) would be my first 30 seconds response :)

/ Tractor will not move #6  
I sense the issue is "backing up" when you had already been tilling. Is there a shear pin on the tiller? If tiller was in the ground already and you backed up . .. you are pushing the tiller tines in a direction not designed or intended. So a shear pin (just like on a snowblower) would be my first 30 seconds response :)

so you think a shear pin on his tiller is somehow preventing his TRACTOR from moving fore or aft?

Might want to use more than 30 seconds...

I'm with the other poster.. make sure you don't have some gear or range lever knocked to neutral, post back from there.

( and check hydro oil too! )

/ Tractor will not move #7  
so you think a shear pin on his tiller is somehow preventing his TRACTOR from moving fore or aft?

Might want to use more than 30 seconds...

I'm with the other poster.. make sure you don't have some gear or range lever knocked to neutral, post back from there.

( and check hydro oil too! )

No, I was thinking that if the rear pto locked up . . That the hydro might have a shear pin in the linkage to prevent damage to the pto. If the tiller had a shear pin that didn't shear . . Or if the tiller doesn't have one at all . . it transfers the stress to the pto/hydro pumps.

I assumed the user had already moved all the appropriate levers first.

The fact when he pushed down on the forward pedal the reverse pedal moved up . . . Shows the forward and reverse pedals aren't hung or blocked by a branch. Also obviously a relief valve isn't the culprit because that wpuld have cleared.

So to me . . I'd be looking at linkage and especially shear pins because a bacward force on a pto is not a designed safety issue normally protected.

/ Tractor will not move #8  
My absolute last possible thought on this will be a driveline shear pin as a cause...

/ Tractor will not move #9  
My guess is he bumped the speed selector lever, he's figured that out, corrected it, and he won't be back to confirm. This was his first and probably last post at TBN. :D

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Tractor will not move #10  
My guess is he bumped the speed selector lever, he's figured that out, corrected it, and he won't be back to confirm. This was his first and probably last post at TBN. :D

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

That could be . . . but it doesn't seem logical. If the tractor didn't move . . even thr greenest of rookies would have moved all the levers back and forth . . especially the one required to start the engine. And he couldn't have gotten home to type on tbn unless he left the tractor and walked .
and nobody would walk until after they tried everything 1st. Bumping a lever is just way too obvious imo.

But I've been wrong before :)