Snow Tractor won’t start tonight.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #1  

Idaho Ryan

Tractor
Mahindra 2555
2016 2555HST Cab.

I plowed snow for about 2 hours this morning with no issues. When I was finished, I locked the brakes and after I turned her off, I topped the fuel up (from 3/4 to all the way full).

I came back to her about 5 hours later and now she won’t even turn over!

I have 12.9 volts at the battery, and about the same at the starter. I put a JumpPack on the battery and still won’t turn over.

All the lights, radio, and heater blower work just fine.

I pulled every fuse I could find and they were all good.

It has been about 16 degrees here but she started this morning.

Any suggestions or troubleshooting is appreciated!!!

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #4  
There are usually several safety interlock switches. I don't know what you're machine has, but the ones to be aware of are :
Operator Presence (seat)
PTO
HST Neutral
Brake
Clutch (some HST machines have a clutch)

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #5  
Not knowing how your tractor is set up I'm just suggesting making sure everything that can stop it from cranking be off or in a neutral position. Not sure if parking brake affects your cranking so I would turn that off as well just to eliminate it as a cause? Something is different now than when it cranked earlier.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #6  
How many hours ? (starter went south ?).
Battery cable corroded ? (Once it's running, battery is not in the loop, so it 'runs' off the alternator supply).
Pedal position ? (not in 'neutral').
Seat switch (closure prevented by snow or ice buildup).
Block the fuel solenoid closed and hit the starter solenoid with your jump pack.
PTO engaged accidently (as mentioned previously).
Mahindra No Start.JPG

/ Tractor won’t start tonight.
Related to parking brake being on possibly pto accidentally engaged? Sounds like a safety lockout not allowing it to crank?

So I cycled the PTO handle forward and backwards. I tried starting the tractor with it in all 3 positions, Fwd/Neutral/Back. Still nothing.

Related to parking brake being on possibly pto accidentally engaged? Sounds like a safety lockout not allowing it to crank?

Is there a way to see if the brake switch is dead? And where is the dang thing…?

There are usually several safety interlock switches. I don't know what you're machine has, but the ones to be aware of are :
Operator Presence (seat)
PTO
HST Neutral
Brake
Clutch (some HST machines have a clutch)
So mine does not have a seat safety switch, PTO was cycled and it did not start in and position (FWD,Neutral,Back), Brake was applied and let spring back a few times to cycle it (wonder if the brake switch is bad?), HST pedals were cycled, and I have no clue where a HST Clutch would be located….

How many hours ? (starter went south ?).
Battery cable corroded ? (Once it's running, battery is not in the loop, so it 'runs' off the alternator supply).
Pedal position ? (not in 'neutral').
Seat switch (closure prevented by snow or ice buildup).
Block the fuel solenoid closed and hit the starter solenoid with your jump pack.
PTO engaged accidently (as mentioned previously).
View attachment 775558
400 hours, I have 12.9 volts at the battery and the starter, I cycled the HST pedals several times, there is no Seat Safety switch (I’ve started it from standing outside the cab), PTO handle was cycled several times and it would not start in any of the 3 positions. I don’t know how to ‘Block the full solenoid closed. I can put my Jump Pack on the starter but I dont know about fuel solenoid….