Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts?

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #11  
I am having a little trouble understanding this post. rgood says that his bucket is working fine but tractor will not move. It would seem to me that his problem is not hyd pump but clutch. I see that his tractor is a 2010 and the 10 means power shift so maybe the power shift is hyd driven. I know that one of the cures on a gear tractor is to release a stuck clutch it to let it out quick (pop it) and that may shake the clutch disc from the pressure plate. Someone please educate me. Thanks big dan

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #12  
I understand where he's coming from. The first start of the morning my 2020 will lift the bucket, and 3ph immediately, it takes about 15-20 seconds before it will move. It has always done that so I never thought anything about it. The rest of the day it operates immediately. Guess it takes time for pressure to build up in the Powershift.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #13  
oldhippy said:
I am having a little trouble understanding this post. rgood says that his bucket is working fine but tractor will not move. It would seem to me that his problem is not hyd pump but clutch. I see that his tractor is a 2010 and the 10 means power shift so maybe the power shift is hyd driven. ....
Bingo, on at least on some of the models and maybe all with power shift, you have to have hyd pressure for the trans to operate. Looking at the parts manual for my model all the gears are shifted via hyd operated clutches.

Here's a couple pics from the manual. First pic show the various internal clutch packs and the second pic shows some of the hyd components.

Attachments

• trans 1.jpg
    trans 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 147
  • trans 2.jpg
    trans 2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 114
   / Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #14  
I see what you mean about the hyd shift. I think that would be nice to have but I am stuck with what I have. Thanks for the info. big dan

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #15  
It's great with a FEL especially with a dash shifter.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #16  
It all depends on personal peference. I prefer to operate units with the older powershift, on top of the transmission. I have no good reason other than personal preference.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts?
After adding that quart of fluid the tractor worked - However, later, it began to have about a 3 Second hesitation when you put it into gear.

The filter was Chock full - I'll post some pictures later.

/ Tractor wouldn't move - Any thoughts? #18  
rgood said:
..........The filter was Chock full - I'll post some pictures later.

Now would be a very good time to run the tractor up to temperature, shut down and drain all the hydraulic fluids. Your hydraulics FEL, transmission and 3PH should operate with no noticeable hesitation.

Mark