Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad?

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #1  

DerpDerp

Tractor
Kioti NX5510
Hello, we have a 2021 NX5510 with 50 hours on it, I used it 2 days ago, everything was fine, started right up, etc.
I go to use it yesterday, and it will not start. Its in neutral, brake is fully depressed, PTO is off, Im sitting in the seat, Battery is not dead, I hook it up to some jumper cables to our running truck just in case, no change. I can hear something click under the hood when we turn the key to start, it sounds like one of the relays up top near the front of the hood. I tap on the starter with a hammer while my wife tries to start it, that doesnt help. We give up for the day and decide to call the place where we bought it from to see if the warranty covers what ever is going on.

We call the dealer, they say its not covered, it would be $140 a hour to check it out, $75 service fee, etc.. that sucks...

So I go out today to check the fuses after reading on here a bit, figure why not try to start it again. And it starts right up. No changes from yesterday at all.

Anyone know what part this would be then? I really want to not have this happen again when I need the tractor the most.

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #2  
I've had loose battery cables act that way in the past. One of them was the connection at the starter. I didn't even feel the nut get tighter when I tried it but it made all the difference.

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad?
Thanks, I'll try that!

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #4  
If you keep clicking does it eventually start? If it does it might be the click-click-start problem that plagues several different brands.

If that is the problem it can be easily fixed by adding a relay.

Hope this helps.

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad?
If you keep clicking does it eventually start? If it does it might be the click-click-start problem that plagues several different brands.

If that is the problem it can be easily fixed by adding a relay.

Hope this helps.
I must have tried about 30-40 times yesterday and it never started, so I would guess probably not? But thanks for mentioning!

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #6  
More than likely battery cable issues. If you can grip the connection on the battery and twist it…its too loose.

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #7  
I agree with the battery cable connection recommendations, but will add that you should remove / clean / reconnect all high amperage cables including the starter connections and chassis ground.
If the problem continues, consider the starter relay modification that was mentioned in a post above. There's no downside to adding a starter relay, and really all starting systems should be designed that way. I have them on both of my diesel zero turns.

/ Tractor wouldn't start yesterday, started right up today, need help - what part is bad? #8  
I cannot believe that a 2021 tractor with only 50 hours isn’t under warranty.

I cannot believe that a 2021 tractor with only 50 hours isn’t under warranty.
It has the powertrain warranty but bumper to bumper was out in november. I personally dont see how this is not powertrain related since it wouldn't start, but apparently it is not.

Well it happened again today, would not start. So I cleaned up all the connections at the battery and the starter, and tightened everything really good. Tractor still would not start. I tried another 10x, nothing, I can still hear a relay click from under the hood when I turn the key to start it.
Im not sure why I tried this but I decided to hold the key in the start position one time, and after about 5 seconds the tractor started right up.
I go to move it, turn it off, about 10 minutes later I go to start it again, will not start! I tried holding the key again like last time, nothing! I try for even longer, multiple times, Refuses to start!
This is pissing me off as the tractor is literally like new, what part could this be?