Snow Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017...

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #11  
IMG_0141.JPG
Let's see some pictures!

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #12  
20170313_185217.jpg
Before the storm.

I don't have any pictures of plowing out. Nobody wanted to stand in the cold and be my cameraman! My neighbor took a picture of me opening up the driveway from her living room. Have to see if I can get it emailed to me.

For the first snow with the tractor I don't think I did to badly. Ended up pushing with the back of the box blade. Loader was useless. It either dug gravel or floated up until I lost steering. I take consolation in the fact that the walk behind snowblower would have been useless as well, I didn't get snow so much as I got slush and ice. Next year, scrape blade for sure. I kept meaning to buy one, but I couldn't justify the cost just to use it for snow. After freezing for six hours yesterday the money seems much less important.

Edit: Thumbnail is upside down for some reason. Any idea how to flip?

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #13  
my office for a couple hours this am, we ended up with close to 30 i bet..

20170315_092553.jpg

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #14  
IMG_1477.JPG
Getting ready to start. I had the same problem as others. Nobody wanted to stand in the cold and wind. My cell phone camera has a broken lens. Maybe start looking for a go pro for next year.

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #15  
We got about a foot here in western MA, 18" ten miles north of me. Lots of wind, though. Jim image-791303885.jpg

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #16  
View attachment 502233

About 3 feet by 9am; another 6 inches since then.

Wow !!! I guess the weather man go it right for your part of the state. Now I feel cheated :D

The storm seemed to be more west than they thought with a big hole in parts of the NEK.

gg

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #17  
There was a blizzard this year??? Oh, you mean it's snowing, and you've been watching the news... ;)

Yep. Worst storm ever. Be sure to stay tuned at 5, 6, 10, and 11, for updates so we can get higher ratings and charge the personal injury lawyers even more for their neverending ads. Better go to the store to load up on milk, bread, and eggs too. Just love french toast in the snow.

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #18  
Little over 20" here when all said and done.
I didn't use the tractor :ashamed: left her inside,use the pickup w/plow and warm cab felt great while tunes were playing.

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #19  
Haven't had a big snow here since 2011. Just a dusting last two winters. Most people don't clear it, but just wait a couple of days for it to melt. Most people wouldn't even recognize a snow blower.

/ Tractors and the Blizzard of 2017... #20  
We've had much more snow than normal here in western Oregon.

My son came home from college for a few days and while he was able to drive 150 miles on paved roads with no problems, he couldn't make it up our driveway even chained up.

I needed to start the dozer anyhow so I drug his car up to the house.

IMG_1150.JPG