Tractors and the RC club

/ Tractors and the RC club #1  

B7500

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HSD
Here's a few shot of our local RC flying club. We have a beautiful 20-acre flying field with 49 members. Our latest addition is the "pole barn". I'm digging up the sod for the cement floor.
-Terry

Attachments

• 495279-IMG_1345.jpg
    495279-IMG_1345.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 792
   / Tractors and the RC club
Another..

Attachments

• 495280-IMG_1350.jpg
    495280-IMG_1350.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 547
Another one

Attachments

• 495282-IMG_1348.jpg
    495282-IMG_1348.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 475
One more of a few of the "pilots"
-Terry

Attachments

• 495285-IMG_1343.jpg
    495285-IMG_1343.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 503
   / Tractors and the RC club #5  
hey, another r/cer, i haven't taken to the air yet.... well not for long anyway.... i run eletric trucks right now, and boats, but i've got a PT-40 just about ready to fly....

fun to combine 2 great hobbies eh

/ Tractors and the RC club #6  
Terry,

What is involved in getting into flying. I am a ham radio licensed, so that part is taken care of. I never have flown an RC plane but have watched many as they do and it looks like fun. We have plenty of places around here to fly, but no clubs that I know of.

Danny,
It's too bad there are no clubs in your area. That would be the way I would suggest you go. Besides meeting up with a bunch of great guys it is the best way to learn.
Our club has "buddy boxes" that allow a novice to be hooked up with a seasoned pilot which makes it easier to learn to fly. If you start getting in trouble he can quickly take over the controls.
Still, with an easy flying trainer you can learn yourself but be prepared to crash a few times. Most planes can be rebuilt. I know I've had my share of crashes.
Good luck it is a great hobby.
-terry

theonlybull,
PT-40 was a great WW2 trainer. I bet it makes a great RC airplane. I've never flown one but I've had many WW2 RC planes (Mustang, Texan, Spitfire, Corsar) I enjoy those planes the best.
Get it flying and let me know how it went.
-Terry

/ Tractors and the RC club #9  
Enjoyed the post and pictures-- I started flying RC in December and have had a great time. Found a local club (ended up being 10 minutes from my house and our field is in a Nature Preserve, we open an hour late a couple of days a month so the bird watchers can meet!). Started with a helicopter, boy are they hard but I can keep it in the air now. I'm also flying a few electric planes since most of the people at the club are plane flyers-- they're fun too.

We have about an acre of open grass for our runway which we keep mowed, then the flying field itself is about 10 acres of "natural" grasses (read weeds and brambles) so when you lose a plane, it can be a fun trek to get it back.

Nice to be able to combine your tractor activity with your RC hobby!

/ Tractors and the RC club #10  
How about a quick link to the AMA..linky search for clubs in your area

AMA

and the bonus is, if your a member and flying at a sanctioned field they have you covered by their(your. cuz your a member) insurance in this sue happy world

Cheers
Tony