Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,841  
Found some time to get splitting what I have gathered or cut down this winter. Had some help from the dogs, they like to eat the scraps or chew on a knot. One of them even found a cat and brought it to me. The other dog found something to cut his rear leg pretty good. :confused:

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,842  
That's the beech I remember, havent seen beech that good in 40 years here. What's the lumber like, did all twist up, cup, twist, split easy when hit, nail hard, is it lighter then oak, in short will beech make a good firewood box to throw wood in that you so desperately need to replace?
The lumber is all still in the drying stacks and the lumber is flat and straight, I would consider it a huge waste to use it for firewood box building...

I have plenty of aspen and pine for that purpose, and I'm far from "desperate" when it comes to firewood boxes. And, if I want more all I have to do is,
orig.gif

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,843  
After the curiosity is satisfied what you gonna do with all that oak?

It is earmarked for a set of kitchen cabinets I need in my house, other than that, not sure. Maybe sell some , but it seems like every other add in craigslist around here is someone with a mill selling their lumber so who knows.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,844  
Is that white pine in the background?

Oh no, loblolly pine good old southern yellow pine. Great construction lumber! And siding..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,845  
did a little chainsaw milling. didn't take as many photos as i should have. don't know what i will do with the cedar but thought i would turn the walnut into lie edged coffee tables and sell them. tractor is my father's DK40. the cab makes it real hard to see the end of the forks

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,846  
did a little chainsaw milling. didn't take as many photos as i should have. don't know what i will do with the cedar but thought i would turn the walnut into lie edged coffee tables and sell them. tractor is my father's DK40. the cab makes it real hard to see the end of the forks

View attachment 595511

View attachment 595512

View attachment 595513

Much easier to look at than a pile of fire wood Terry :thumbsup:

Your chainsaw mill produces some nice stuff !!

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,847  
Yep, nice looking slabs.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,848  
The weather is changing, with all the sun, it's getting warmer and warmer, so it's time to get the last of the firewood moved,

standard.jpg

It's nice to see the snow going away so fast!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,849  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #7,850  
Yep, nice looking slabs.

thanks

That looks like a LOT of work with a chainsaw mill.

the work is in the set up. actually time running the saw though the wood varies with how sharp the chain is, but is only about a minute at most with that wood

another of the cedar

IMG_0002.JPG