Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,671  
I think that using chain lube for street motorcycles, carefully, would be the way to go. That kind of lube is made to stick to chains moving at high speeds.
Those modern O-ring chains used on about 80% of the more costly motorbikes (with chain drive) are the cat's meow.

They really NEVER need lube in a low speed application unless the chain get's washed clean.

Though I do lube the motorbike chain with "Chain-Wax" at the beginning of every season.

Carefully applied with the extension tube, spin the chain around the sprockets a few times to let it work in. Then walk away for a day...

1642725489514.png

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,672  
Do you know the btu? Looks like it would put out a tremendous amount of heat.
I assume you can cook on it?

IMG_6013.jpg

The stove is a Jotul. Sure is nice. I don’t know the btu. You most certainly can cook on it but I mostly use it to heat things up especially Chili during deer camp. I very much enjoy sleeping in the cold. I let the fire go out and I’ll sometimes wake up to a 50 degree cabin. By the time I’m done filling the bird feeders, heating up my muffin, and brewing my coffee, the stove is cranking out the heat and a squirrel cage fan is blowing warm air towards my chair by the window. Another 15 minutes and it’s 75 in the place. Nothing like watching nature come to life in the morning when it’s -15 outside and yes, Gordon, you are toasty warm inside.
P1090905.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,673  
Skidding in some crowns. I like to clear them out because if I didn't, they'd always be in the way of a skid trail.
They process pretty quickly with these taking about 15-20 minutes.
I push the slash into pile to be burnt this spring.
I don't like to mess as firewood anything under 3" or so.

Attachments

• P1010130.jpg
    P1010130.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 124
  • P1010128.jpg
    P1010128.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
  • P1010135.jpg
    P1010135.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 122
  • P1010136.jpg
    P1010136.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 130
  • P1010138.jpg
    P1010138.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 122
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,674  
Not a tractor, but still, I love my '93 Ford Festiva for the very reason that I don't have to care that much about it. Instead of using the tractor, I just stuffed all these road, clean up, tree limbs in the back. Rear seat removed. Win -Win FREE AIR FRESHENER. Dropped off all the debris directly to a burn pile driving on wet grass. No tractor involved. :) Ya gotta love a S*** Can hatch back econo car. Terrible pic, but you get the point.... :)
Festivaandbranches.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,675  
Not a tractor, but still, I love my '93 Ford Festiva for the very reason that I don't have to care that much about it. Instead of using the tractor, I just stuffed all these road, clean up, tree limbs in the back. Rear seat removed. Win -Win FREE AIR FRESHENER. Dropped off all the debris directly to a burn pile driving on wet grass. No tractor involved. :) Ya gotta love a S*** Can hatch back econo car. Terrible pic, but you get the point.... :)
View attachment 730465
:ROFLMAO:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,676  
I just saw this video on a new design for a limb pruner/pole saw. I know lots of you aren't into hand operated pole saws but...... I have one with a rope operated lopper on it. This new tool looked very good to me - maybe even easier than a gas pole saw. It's called a LimbZipper.

Here's the web site

To cold to be out this morning

gg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,677  
I just saw this video on a new design for a limb pruner/pole saw. I know lots of you aren't into hand operated pole saws but...... I have one with a rope operated lopper on it. This new tool looked very good to me - maybe even easier than a gas pole saw. It's called a LimbZipper.

gg
Great I'll take 2, 1 for me, and one for me once my neighbor borrows the first one & doesn't return it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,679  

Here's the web site

gg
Thanks Gordon! I am going to need one of those.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,680  

Here's the web site

gg
For what he shows it doing, it is head and shoulders better than my old rope operated pole pruner/saw combo; but I wonder how well it works on hardwoods?