Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,691  
I would say he is one lucky man. Further proof of you just never know what is going to happen.

I've never seen that leaf blower trick - I guess it's way easier than a shovel if the snow is just right.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,692  
^^^^^ Yep it has to be just right, we do not get that kind here often.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,693  
Wow! That's one lucky guy. I wonder how he would have fared with a single piece hard hat like what most of us wear.
I was hoping he didn't plan to burn those trees for firewood...
That Lewis winch is nice, I'd like to have one sometimes. I still prefer my Uniforest and tractor though.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,694  
With that kinda luck he should purchase lotto ticket.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,695  
A few pics of 1400 BdFt of fir I hauled to the log yard in 3 loads. One load yesterday afternoon and two today. I started loading this morning just as the sun was coming up.

22_2_15-1.JPG

Here it is leaving my little landing.

22_2_15-2.JPG

At the log yard - backing in to dump it. The logs in the foreground are yesterday afternoon's load. All scaled and and turned - the start of a new deck.

22_2_15-3.JPG

And here is the third load leaving the door yard. I got back in time for lunch.

22_2_15-4.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,696  
^^^^^
Thank you! I’ve missed seeing pictures of wood. I can’t do anything until the snow level drops here, right now I’m trying to get set up for sap season.

Edit: That's some nice looking fir. It's a very rare occasion that we see fir that size, and when we do it's generally rotten. (Or dead)
Usually around here it sets in the understory for decades, so by the time it's released the center is already rotten.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,698  
Gordon do have a counter weight on your 3pt hitch when you are using your grapple? Nice load of wood.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,700  
NICE! You can drop the truck and wood at
my place :unsure:

willy