Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,991  
Been doing tree 🌲 work as a hobby for over 4 decades , nobody ever wants to help so I have just developed some skills to not bugger myself up as I plod along .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,993  
Been doing tree 🌲 work as a hobby for over 4 decades , nobody ever wants to help so I have just developed some skills to not bugger myself up as I plod along .
Nice tractor, by the way. I've got a 2001, but went with the Woods 1012 loader.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,994  
Nice tractor, by the way. I've got a 2001, but went with the Woods 1012 loader.
Thank you .
Mine is a 2000 model with a little over 5000 hours on her .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,995  
I agree, I do all my cutting by myself..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,996  
19D3DC12-8493-487D-B3FE-A9708FB2BCD2.jpeg

I got a new to me splitter yesterday, a Yardmax 25 ton. The guy lives about 2 miles away and had a trailer for sale sitting along the road. He sold it in about 2 hours I found out when I stopped to look at it. He told me he had a snow plow for sale I went back to look at and the next thing I know I’m bringing the splitter home. The guys moving from his 20 acres to town.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,997  
I do 90+% by myself, I do get the Mrs. out there on occasion to help stack in the crates, it just goes a lot faster. I built an outfeed table and she's happy to take the logs off of there, she has zero interest in touching the splitter.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,998  
I do 90+% by myself, I do get the Mrs. out there on occasion to help stack in the crates, it just goes a lot faster. I built an outfeed table and she's happy to take the logs off of there, she has zero interest in touching the splitter.
When we used a splitter, my lady would run the lever and I would load the rounds and take off the splits. Now she runs the processor and I run the tractor. Sold the splitter and do not miss it. With the processor we get two years of firewood cut and split in 16 hrs and cost is $450. It takes longer to stack in totes than to cut and split. No chains to sharpen or fuel or bar oil either. If I had more totes I would not even need to stack the splits, just run them from the conveyor to the tote.

If I was younger, I would buy a processor and go into business.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,999  
When we used a splitter, my lady would run the lever and I would load the rounds and take off the splits. Now she runs the processor and I run the tractor. Sold the splitter and do not miss it. With the processor we get two years of firewood cut and split in 16 hrs and cost is $450. It takes longer to stack in totes than to cut and split. No chains to sharpen or fuel or bar oil either. If I had more totes I would not even need to stack the splits, just run them from the conveyor to the tote.

If I was younger, I would buy a processor and go into business.
That would be fantastic if there was a processor available nearby to rent.... The nearest rental place is 45 mins away, lucky if they have any firewood equipment at all.