Tractors with no FEL

/ Tractors with no FEL #1  

DrRod

Platinum Member
Ellicott City, MD - Farm in Orbisonia PA (south ce
Tractor
John Deere 4110
Greetings,

I am buying my first tractor -- plan to use it for brush hogging, pulling a few logs, and pulling a disk harrow -- I don't need/want an FEL.

I get the impression that virtually all models come set up for an FEL which means I'm paying for hydraulics and other stuff I don't need. Are there any models out there without all this stuff for the front end -- I just want the back end.

Thanks,

Rod

/ Tractors with no FEL #2  
You can buy any tractor without a FEL! But you'll wish you didn't!

/ Tractors with no FEL #3  
I agree. The/A FEL is like the tractor key itself, tough to get along without it! I'd reconsider.

/ Tractors with no FEL #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I get the impression that virtually all models come set up for an FEL which means I'm paying for hydraulics and other stuff I don't need. )</font>

I know that on my John Deere 4310 it came with the joystick and hydro couplers for the loader. It was standard equipment that was in the base price. Same with the 90 series Deeres. There really isn't alot of extras that come on the tractor to run the loader. You have to have a hydraulic pump to operate the 3 point hitch and power steering. I believe the AGCO's, Massey's and Kubota's are available with out the joystick and extra hydro connectors.

/ Tractors with no FEL #5  
I think you should operate a tractor with the FEL before you purchase one without. Most of the tractors can be purchased without an FEL. Contact Wesdor to ask him his experience. He was going to purchase a tractor without FEL until he operated my with. He changed his order that very day.

/ Tractors with no FEL #6  
Huh? The best accessory you can get for an FEL is a tractor! Why anybody would consider a loader with out a tractor is their business. But no loader? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Tractors with no FEL #7  
I believe the John Deeres come with an SCV (Selective Control Valve) standard on the 4WD compacts and are optional on the 2WD. You did not state whether you wanted 4WD or not. If you do not want a loader, then by all means, don't get one. You can always buy it down the road if you decide. 4WD is nice, but you can live without it. We went over 50 years on our dairy farm with 2WD models, before getting a 4WD. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractors with no FEL #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't need/want an FEL.
)</font>

Yes you do, you just don't know it yet.

You'll find so many uses for a FEL your dog will become your SECOND best friend! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractors with no FEL #9  
I agree with the others. Use a tractor for a while that has a loader on it and I bet that you'll be sold. Even if you just demo one from a dealer. It will add about 20% more to the cost of a new tractor but improve it's usefulness 100%.

/ Tractors with no FEL #10  
Another vote for tractor with FEL. Indispensible tool, makes tractor so much more than just a puller.

I rarely take mine off, did recent while baling hay and mowing with a big haybine. HAd it back on immediately after to lift a piece of equipment to fix it.

Ken