Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #1  

tld

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2025r
Have a 16 2026r less than 300 hrs with drive over mmm but not quick attach. Have to crawl under and connect front and then back plus the driveshaft. A real pia for this soon to be 73 yr old.
Was thinking about trading for new 2025r with quick attach deck.
Is the quick attach really as easy as it looks? Worth it? Plan to keep it approx 7-8 years.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #2  
Probably yes. I am with holding judgement because I have not installed mine yet. When I removed it only took me a couple minutes and it was the first time I did it. I will be installing mine in the next week or two though.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #3  
Report back with your results.

Others will be interested to see how "quick" it actually is. :)

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r
Mine uninstalls fairly fast, but the reinstall is a pain.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #5  
My 2018 2025R Auto-connect deck took a bit to take off because my dealer didn't put some grease on the spline and it was rusted to its receiver. After a couple pushes on the forward and reverse peddles, it broke free. I cleaned it up and put a film of Lubriplate on the spline. To put back on, you have to get it pretty closely lined up and it must be level. Put the PTO select lever to Rear PTO only and slowly drive over in Low 4WD until you hear the locks click. Read the manual and practice.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #6  
Someone told me that if you want to mount a front snowblower, the auto-connect parts under the tractor have to be removed so that the blower driveshaft will work. So, there is still some lay-on-the-ground work to do.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #7  
I hooked up my 60” deck tonight. Took 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish. I downloaded an app on my phone from JD that has pics and step by step instructions. Very simple. You have to install 2 cotter pins to hold the locks in place, a very short reach. You also have to set the gauge wheels. Everything else is hands free. I would say you get good at it maybe a 5 minute job. I also took my loader off for the first time. A 5 minute job, probably a 2 minute job the next time.

JD did their homework and engineering. Everything line up just right.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #8  
I'm pretty sure, actually positive, I can hitch up my old 62C deck under my old 2210 in less than 5 minutes, with no tools...….

If their quick hitch deck takes more than 2 minutes I consider it a failure. :(

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #9  
I知 also counting the time to start the tractor wheel out the deck set the gauge wheel set the deck height etc. I知 guessing once you are ready to drive over it it is a 2 minute job.

/ Trade 16 2026r for new 2025r #10  
Can't you retrofit the quick attach onto the deck and tractor?

It seems quite unlikely they've totally changed the deck design. Usually, you take a bath on the value whenever you trade cars, boats, just about anything. That's how dealers make money.