Price Check Trade in 2006 NH Boomer?

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #11  
Ye..e...e..e..s, I am familiar with other meanings of boomer, but not in reference to tractors. That is what I would like to know. Why are some tractors referred to as boomers? What does it mean in specific relation to a tractor? Many posters on here use the expression in reference to tractors so it has to have some meaning.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #12  
Ye..e...e..e..s, I am familiar with other meanings of boomer, but not in reference to tractors. That is what I would like to know. Why are some tractors referred to as boomers? What does it mean in specific relation to a tractor? Many posters on here use the expression in reference to tractors so it has to have some meaning.

I suspect it has nothing to do with tractors per se, and all to do with a marketing tag that was researched for its appeal to the target market without any negative connotations as baggage.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #13  

Every reference I've seen about "boomers" is in relation to the New Holland line by the same name.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #14  
Thanks to you both. It now makes sense. I thought it might apply to size of tractor - e.g. Standard size big wheels etc., Compact (which mine is), Highclearance orchard, and so on.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #15  
I was in my NH dealer yesterday (unfortunately meeting the deadline for paying for my new boom spray - no pun intended) and in the yard was a new model of tractor with a "Boomer 40" sticker on the side of the bonnet. Of course the word means nothing in Portuguese. I was told it is just a name that NH have given this model and it has no meaning.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #16  
Yeah, it's the brand name of that particular line of tractors.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #17  
The original Boomer series were 4 digit models made by Shibaura such as the Boomer 3050. The exception was the Boomer 8N commemorative model, still made by Shibaura, but used the 8N name. NH left Shibaura and came out with the "New Boomer" Series made by LS that have 2 digits, i.e. 35, 40, etc. For whatever reason NH has only open station LS models. NH has now gone back to Shibaura for their original Boomer series only for models with cabs and they have 4 digits such as the 3040, 3045, and 3050. Rumor is they will go back to Shibaura for open station when the LS contract runs out so he may be trying to clear them out.

Unless you just want a new tractor, as long as it's mechanically sound I would keep your 2006 model which I assume is the TC34 or TC34DA, which was the model designation made by Shibaura previous to the Boomer series. Like others have commented you can buy the same tractor as the Boomer 35 from an LS dealer with more standard features such as 2 rear remotes for less money than the comparable NH model. I don't think you getting much of an improvement for $7000.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #18  
Does any brand name make its own tractors? It seems from the posts of knowledgeable people on this and other threads that they all buy and sell big or small parts, including whole tractors, to other companies to put on their own stickers. I have even seen an orange NH - new, so not somebody being a smart****. Maybe there is only one financially controlled operation that covers every tractor. The world's governments seem to work that way - and please, please nobody bring politics into this thread otherwise it will be obliterated, and rightly so. I am merely using it as an example, and relating it to tractor ownership, which is what this site is all about.

An analysis of government debts and lending shows that every government in the world owes money to most other governments, but at the same time also lends money to the same people. It seems the same applies to tractor makers. If that is so, is there really any difference between the makes? The most important thing, from the viewpoint of this thread, is how can any of us give any advice to the OP if they are all made by the same companies, just thrown (and I use the word advisedly) together in different places? Or are there still plants that put together the best of everything to create something superior?

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #19  
Does any brand name make its own tractors? It seems from the posts of knowledgeable people on this and other threads that they all buy and sell big or small parts, including whole tractors, to other companies to put on their own stickers. I have even seen an orange NH - new, so not somebody being a smart****. Maybe there is only one financially controlled operation that covers every tractor. The world's governments seem to work that way - and please, please nobody bring politics into this thread otherwise it will be obliterated, and rightly so. I am merely using it as an example, and relating it to tractor ownership, which is what this site is all about.

An analysis of government debts and lending shows that every government in the world owes money to most other governments, but at the same time also lends money to the same people. It seems the same applies to tractor makers. If that is so, is there really any difference between the makes? The most important thing, from the viewpoint of this thread, is how can any of us give any advice to the OP if they are all made by the same companies, just thrown (and I use the word advisedly) together in different places? Or are there still plants that put together the best of everything to create something superior?

*Kubota makes their own.

*Kioti (Daedong) makes their own.

*Massey (Iseki) I believe is all Iseki except the engine (Mitsubishi).

*LS - makes most of their own including their own engine (under Mitsubishi license) and most major parts including HST. Their loaders are built by Amerequip.

*Mahindra makes the whole xx35 series, but the other models are mixed.

*TYM makes their own but uses Cat/Perkins engines.

*Branson (Kujke) I believe makes all their own.

*Yanmar makes their own.

*I believe Deere is all Deere now except the engine.

*New Holland/Case buys their compact tractors

Last edited: